UND fans not happy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UND fans not happy.

I did a double header at the Truman sports complex this afternoon. I saw the Twins spank the Royals and then later this evening I saw the Chief and Vikings play. Between the games there was time for some famous Kansas City Tailgating. Much to my surprise, as folks where putting up their flag poles, a UND flag went up. I had to go see what this was about.

It seems a bus load of them had come down for the double header as well. Everyone was nice, I did point out the fact that all their plates and napkins where Green and Yellow. This tipped them off that I knew the NCC. They asked how I knew so much, and I told them that I was an SDSU alum. After that, the conversation turned very frosty. This on an afternoon when temps. where in the high 90s.

Jealousy is such an ugly emotion.

Re: UND fans not happy.

Green and yellow plates and napkins- that's hilarious ;D

A Bison fan would never eat off of UND's official colors of pink and green.

Comment

89rabbit

I can no longer visit the site, but www.siouxsports.com
      has had a lot of discussion about SDSU moving up. They are not seeing it as positive from their perspective. My guess they are really chomping on their bits since the announcement on Friday.

There is one SDSU alum who has fallen in love with Grand Forks, so it will be very easy to get into an arguement with him. He posts as PCM.  

They seem to be very thin skinned over their so you have to be carefull what you say. I wasnt, and got booted. Don't wish them another flood that will give you the boot.

Comment

The Sue tailgate party that I mentioned got a blurb in today's Kansas City Star, and I quote:

A numberof University of North Dakota school officials and Grand Forks chamber of commerce folks were in town Saturday to observe the Chiefs' pre-game activities Saturday.

The group apparently feels its school has a number of solid venues and sporting events but lacks pre-game fun.

Surely the Chiefs' pre-game tailgate party gave them some ideas.

By Jeffrey Flanagan
        Kansas City Star
        jflanagan@kcstar.com

I have some ideas to help make their tailgateing go better.

Leason 1.  Make sure the plates and napkins you use are your colors and not your arch rivals.

This will go along ways towards making your event more fun!  

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
          89rabbit

I can no longer visit the site, but www.siouxsports.com
          has had a lot of discussion about SDSU moving up. They are not seeing it as positive from their perspective. My guess they are really chomping on their bits since the announcement on Friday.
          SDSUFAN,

I took a look at the Sioux page as you suggested.  The first thing that jumps out at you is that they don't let the facts get in the way of any good argument.  They are still talking about our move as if it is not going to happen.  Full of lines about us not finding a conference in time (posts from TODAY, August 18th).  They are putting all their hopes into the SD BOR requirment that we find a conf.  Correct me if I am wrong but the BOR never said we had to have a conf. that was an institutional mandate that we have seen was unrealistic and thus have abandoned.

Bottom line is they are jealous, and scared.  They have no idea how to replace both NDSU and SDSU (not to mention our friends at UNC).  Much like our friends at USD they would rather stick their heads in the sand and pretend that D II as we knew is not over.

I didn't post, no sence in it.  Something about pearls before swine comes to mind.  Besides Charger and CRH and some of our true friends at NDSU are doing a fine job of blowing holes in their dream of an D II NCC that is safe for all the hockey schools of the world.  

All I can say to the Sue is wait 10 years, SDSU and NDSU will be playing with the big boys while they have meaningful games with Newberry (or fill in your favorite tiny school) with all 750 of thier students coming to Grand Forks (I think BHS has an open date and could bring more students).   ;D

Good Luck Sioux, perhaps you can come to Frost as an early season warm-up game in the future.  

Go SDSU!

Comment

89rabbit:
            I am not surprised about what you found over there at SiouxSports.com. If you posted, PCM would have jumped down your throat and pointed out all your bad grammer and then apologize to all the hockey fiends about how you dont represent SDSU, and if you do he is ashamed of you. A real jerk and a half.

I think their president is going to get some pressure two to three years from now.

Comment

Working...
            X