SiouxSport.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SiouxSport.com

I have been trolling around SiouxSports.com's forum and I would like to make some comments about our own board.  The UND supporters spend a lot of time pointing out how they are not interested in what NDSU is doing any longer and yet they continue to reply to posts by NDSU supporters and even post stats, facts, etc.. related to head-to-head competition with NDSU and SDSU.  Often these posts are in poor taste and of no productive value.  There are suggestions that its all just in good humor but that is not the sense I get as I interpert them.

I know I am not a founding father on this board but I would like to make a couple of suggestions.  Now, I for one, love to stick it to USD, Augie, etc., and given that we are still competing head-to-head with these teams I believe they are fair game.  However, in the future, I would favor more discussion about our competition at the DIA and DIAA level and less info about the teams being left behind.  As fun as it is to offer up our opinions and criticisms they are biased and can make us look like fools (especially me). In retrospect, I wish I would have never posted USD's 2004 FB schedule. It is in no way relevant to SDSU's season in 2004 or future seasons. On the other hand, info regarding recruits, coaches, common opponents, is all fair game.

I also think its alright to vent once in awhile when someone who has a different opinion than you offers that opinion in a public way. Its never okay to consider that person less intelligent or less correct than you, its just their opinion (I have made this mistake too many times on this board).  

I think the best way to show continued support for SDSU and the move to DI is to talk about the future and leave the past behind.  I don't want this board to look like the one at SiouxSports.  It reflects poorly on the fans and the institution.

So, let me apologize for some of my previous posts.  I guess I was just trying to demonstrate my enthusiasm and excitement regarding the move to DI and in doing so I wasted time and space denegrating other programs and people instead of supporting SDSU and the move to DI.  Individuals and institutions who are oppossed to the move have every right to express that opinion and we should respect their views, even if we don't agree.  In fact, I think we should welcome them as part of the discussion.  After all, its an opportunity to convert a doubter into a supporter.

I am not asking anyone else to change the way they offer their opinions I am just making some suggestions.  Buster, don't change anything at Jacksbasketball.com.  The entries there are exactly as you say, "Leading the Vast, Biased, Conspiracy " and I wouldn't want it any other way.

So, heres to the future, after this basketball season USD athletics will be an afterthought to me.  The rivalry was nice while it last but every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end (Greenday).  Let me know what you guys think.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: SiouxSport.com

Originally posted by jackmd
    every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end (Greenday).  Let me know what you guys think.
    Actually that was Semisonic (Closing Time) not Greenday. And if you are old like me you will remember a couple of the guys from Semisonic when they were part of Trip Shakespear. They put on a hell of a show, I want to say it was in the Barn, but I might be thinking of the Rainmakers. Both really good bands, jackmd thanks for the memories! ;D

Comment

Re: SiouxSport.com

My bad, Closing Time by Semisonic. Thanks for the correction 89.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
      X