NDSU commercial on MTV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU commercial on MTV

I was just channel surfing and I saw a NDSU commercial on MTV. It lasted about 30 sec and featured young people in Bison uniforms touting the university and encouraging potential students to check it out.

I don't watch a lot of MTV but when I have, I have not seen commercials for universities. I think this is a nice move by NDSU.

I wonder if it is regional or if it runs nationwide. I suspect that it is regional. Regardless, I have to give props to NDSU, way to go. No mention of the DI status, at least not that I heard.

I bet MTV is seen by more potential NDSU students than KSFY is seen by potential SDSU students. What do you guys think?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: NDSU commercial on MTV

Was that the "Ask Me" commercial?

Comment

I havent seen the commercial, but it sounds cool... very innovative. but wouldnt that cost a fortune? Thats a worldwide broadcast. Anyone with info. on that please post.

Comment

It was the "Ask me" commercial. My wife says she has seen it several times. I guess I don't watch enough MTV. What can you tell us about it bisonguy?
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Not much, I guess. They air it in the Fargo area on the local stations and during any NDSU games that make it on TV.

Hey, lookie what I found-http://www.ndsu.nodak.edu/askme/

They have all three versions of the ad there. The TV ads basically talk about the website and the benefits of NDSU.

Comment

I watched a lot of MTV first semester, and I never saw an ad like this in Minneapolis. I'm guessing it's aired by the local cable company and not MTV.

Comment

That is possible. I am in Rochester, MN and there are fair number of students who go to NDSU and SDSU from this area. Perhaps NDSU is running the commercial in out-state and not the Meto/Twin Cities area. I have Charter cable (the only option).

Comment

Working...
              X