Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Argus Loser

Originally posted by DanceswithRabbits
    So I went to the Argus this morning to re-live last nights game, and what do I find?  Two stories about the Yotes and a story about our Women's team.  The men are just in the Area scores section.  This is why I dislike the Argus and why they hate our move to D-I.  They love to do the round robin approach to coverage.  One weekend we will cover Augie, one weekend we will send our reporter to USD, one weekend we will report on State.  Best yet for them is when SDSU, USD, and or Augie plays one of the other two.  They get to kill two birds with one stone.

SDSU is in 1st place in the NCC in both Men's and Women's Basketball.  The Men are 25-3 and also ranked #3 in the Nation.  How offten does that happen.  I think that is why they call it news.  USD's mens team losing late in the season and falling out of contention, well that happens every year.  

I know many of us have dogged the Argus on this board, but I can't help but be miffed that the best story I can read about the Jacks this morning is on the SDSU web site.

It will be interesting to see how the Argus coverage changes once we move to D-I.  Will they cover our Fresno State game or another USD meltdown to a lesser NCC team.  Hard to say.  
    Being from the Northeastern part of the state I have always been disappointed by the coverage the Argus provides regarding sports or any news outside of the southeast part of the state.  The crap I read in the Sunday sports section takes the cake!!  This was perhaps the worst Sunday sports section published in the U.S.  The front page featured high school gymnastics (less than 500 fans in the state and they were all at the meet) and a USD women's BB team which hasn't won anything (substantial) and never will!

Buried on the 3rd page and wrought with grammatical and statistical errors where two small articles about the league leading and nationally ranked SDSU women's and men's BB teams, who (oh by the way) were hosting their last regular season NCC games in Frost arena.  

No jackass reporter, editor, or executive at the Loser can convince me that this wasn't deliberately the case.  If they would like to try, please send me an e-mail, but it better start with an apology and recognition of a major oversight.  I assure you the USD men's story would have been the headline if they hadn't lost to the 3rd worst team in the league (USD and Augie being 1 and 2).  

No excuses for the Loser, they suck, their editors suck and the sportwriters are apparently pawns who only follow the lead of the aformentioned.  I cancelled my parents subscription for them.  Best thing I did on Sunday.  Screw the U and the Argus too.  Cut the crap stories about Fred Oien and do some reporting that the state of S.D. is interested in.  

I can promise you,having spent considerable time at both USD and SDSU, that there are a lot more State fans out there than there are U fans.  You might notice that if USD ever made the post-season and you compared the number of fans at a neutral site.  As we all know, this just isn't going to happen.  So, cover the U and their end of the season collapse (both men and women) and continue to demostrate the ignorance that makes the Loser a disgrace to the state of S.D.  (I feel better already. Before passing judgment or getting too upset please see my post under Arrogance)
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: The Argus Loser

No response from the Argus to my nastygram from yesterday. Any bets on whether they'll blow me off altogether?

Comment

Re: The Argus Loser

If you're lucky they won't reply. All they ever do is defend their stance and a try to turn the blame onto you. They will include things like "There is more to report on than SDSU", "In order to be objective we report the news and don't support one team more than another", etc.. Its all B.S. but thats print journalism as the Argus sees it. My suggestion, find another news source. If we do this in masses things will have to change. Its sad when stories about and individuals personal life get higher billing than the success of a group of hard working student athletes at the states largest university. This is what happens when priorities get misplaced. Doesn't help when a lack of intelligence is mixed in.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
      X