Coughlin Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughlin Stadium

Any word on when and if it will EVER be renovated? I know we all keep sending our money because we are "almost there" and yet, I see and hear nothing of the progress. Anyone? ???

Re: Coughlin Stadium

There are plans to build a dressing room complex near the current score board. Also the restrooms were renovated and a new ticket booth has been added. The parking lot to the west was paved, so cant say no renovations have not been made. The biggest problem is that there has not been any fund raising campaign to to all the improvements and they seem to come about as cash is available.

Comment

Bunny ... your name rhymes with money. Question. Just how much money have you given? You want to see major renovations? Cough!

Comment

What should be the priorities at Coughlin as the money does come in? This is what I think.
        1) Locker Rooms/Wellness Center-this is the key to getting good recruits, providing them a nice place to call home when their not on the field. Most DI institutions have a private weight room/training room/lounge.
        2)New state of the art scoreboard/replay screen. Lets pay for it if Daktronics is not willing to donate it without stipulation they get all the advertsing. Threaten to go to another provider. What an embarrassement that would be.
        3)Permenent chairs with backs on a new Grandstand on the East side which becomes the home side of the field. Also add some corporate suites to generate revenue.
        4)Enhanced concessions with more food options
        5)More Landscaping around perimiter of Stadium.

How about other items?

Comment

Jack,
          WOW! Yes, I have given money and it really none of your damn business how much I have given. I know a lot of alumni who have continuously contributed to making the improvements of the football stadium and I was just asking a question. Back off!!!!

What is with you guys??? Chill out! >

Comment

SDSUfan,
            I didn't meant that there were NO rennovations made, I just thought that a couple of years ago they had 90% of funds needed to complete the project and I was just curious what happened, that's all. Sorry if I upset anyone.

Comment

I think they should start a contribution drive that is specifically to target renovation/improvements to Coughlin. Let's face the Football Complex at a University is what defines the Athletic Program. Maybe we can get Denny Sanford Chairman of First Premier to donate some dollars as he originally pledged 35 million to his alma matter Univ of Minnesota for a new on campus stadium and then backed off when they would not agree to all his demands. He instead went and gave 12 million to a new Childrens Hospital in Sioux Falls. Alumnist Dana Dykhouse President of Premier Bank may be able to get Denny to write a check.

Comment

Denny also gave a couple of million to his old fraternity at the U of Minn. You think Daktronics is sticky about the scoreboard ads what whould T. Denny ask for in return for his donation? (Maybe that we change are name to something derogatory and if we ever change it back the money goes away, sound familiar) Just a shot at the DII school way up north. All in fun.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Jackguy,
                  Are you being sarcastic? Or are you serious? ???

Comment

Am I sarcastic or being serious about what

Comment

Originally posted by bunny
                      SDSUfan,
                      I didn't meant that there were NO rennovations made, I just thought that a couple of years ago they had 90% of funds needed to complete the project and I was just curious what happened, that's all.  Sorry if I upset anyone.
                      Bunny,

I am with you on this one. I have posted before that I had also given and read that we were 85-90% of the way there.  I  posted earlier on this subject and no one seemed to know what I was talking about.   I am glad I am not nuts.   If I remember the info I read correctly the addition to Coughlin was 85-90% done while the PAC wasn't even half way.  Yet the PAC is up and running and the stadium looks the same.  ???

Go State!

Comment

Boy, this thread has me scratching my head.

Lets start here:

Originally posted by bunny
                        Any word on when and if it will EVER be renovated?  I know we all keep sending our money because we are "almost there" and yet, I see and hear nothing of the progress.  Anyone? ???
                        And here:
                        From bunny:
                        I know a lot of alumni who have continuously contributed to making the improvements of the football stadium and I was just asking a question.
                        I guess I'm confused as to what actual fund drive people are donating money to in order to renovate Coughlin Alumni Stadium. I like to think I have pretty good knowledge of the Jackrabbit Club fund drives, and the stadium drive wasn't a real active one. I know there was the Wellness Center Capital Campaign, but other than a few big donations and a couple people who throw in money every year, this hasn't been a real active campaign either.

From bunny:
                        I just thought that a couple of years ago they had 90% of funds needed to complete the project and I was just curious what happened, that's all.
                        90% of what funds is my question. There was another thread on this site discussing the Wellness Center appropriations if that is what this is in reference to. The legislature gave authority of $5 million in spending, so I guess technically the $4.3 million in hand is close to 90%. I'm not trying to pick on bunny, but her comments raised these questions in my head. For bunny, I would look on this site for the thread that discusses the Wellness Center for an update.

There have been minor renovations with the new ticket booth, new parking lot, and next year it looks like there will be sod instead of gravel outside of the fence on the west side.

From JACKGUY:
                        What should be the priorities at Coughlin as the money does come in? This is what I think.
                        1) Locker Rooms/Wellness Center-this is the key to getting good recruits, providing them a nice place to call home when their not on the field. Most DI institutions have a private weight room/training room/lounge.
                        2)New state of the art scoreboard/replay screen. Lets pay for it if Daktronics is not willing to donate it without stipulation they get all the advertsing. Threaten to go to another provider. What an embarrassement that would be.
                        3)Permenent chairs with backs on a new Grandstand on the East side which becomes the home side of the field. Also add some corporate suites to generate revenue.
                        4)Enhanced concessions with more food options
                        5)More Landscaping around perimiter of Stadium.
                        My take on your five priorities:
                        1) agreed, this is needed to continue the transition into a successful D1 program
                        2) this has been in the works for years, just a matter of getting the right purse strings to open up - meaning corporate sponsors
                        3) don't hold your breath for this to happen
                        4) concessions rehab is part of the plan, not sure about a food overhaul though
                        5) more landscaping is always good

Those are my two-cents. Comments

Comment

I know I read something in the Collegian last year with Fred being quoted about the priority list and new stands on the east side.

Comment

The renovation of the stadium to include new permanent seating on the east side, with offices and corporate boxes, was part of the wellness center master plan. That plan included lockerrooms, office space, weight room, new east side bleachers, a field house, and a walkway attaching that complex to the Stanley Marshall HPER Center. That rendering first surfaced in 1993 with a hefty price tag attached. As the money raised capped out the plans were changed. With the money that is in hand there is no way any permanent seating will be put in at Coughlin. The discussions a year ago were for the Wellness Center/Football lockerrooms to go in the South endzone of Coughlin Alumni. The thread that was going on here earlier about the Wellness Center raised some questions as to the location for that building.

Either way, $4.3 million will build an adequate wellness center, but won't buy new seating at Coughlin.

Comment

Working...
                            X