Concern about jackmd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concern about jackmd

It seems to me that jackmd spends an incredible amount of time on this board. He makes keen observations on this site and they are much appreciated. However, in the operating room, does he have a lap top so he can type in stuff between incisions?

Re: Concern about jackmd

Easy now jackmd is a great guy. I met him person last weekend. He is very passionate about the Jacks and he is just as passionate about health care as you can tell from his posts.

I am here probably too often too. I just retired, and have a ton of unfinished business that should be done.  I spent way too much time worrying about what Buster has to say. So lets not get started on jackmd.  I going to go the Rodney King route " Cant we all get along?". ;D ;D ;D

Comment

Brief explanation:

I currently play 2 roles here at Mayo in the Dept of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. 90% of my time is spent in the lab as a research scientist. 10% of my time is in the clinic seeing patients. I have no hospital responsibilities at this time and I am not required to be here on weekends (although I often am).

So, my day consists of designing and completing experiments related to my topic of research interest as well as seeing patients a couple of days a week. When I am not writing papers or completing research projects I like to spend my time here, with you guys, supporting the Jacks.

Beginning in September I return to full (100%) clinical time splitting my days between the hospital and the clinic. Working the weekend is the norm and days off are few and far between. Unfortunately, that will leave me little time to visit the Jackrabbit board or travel to watch SDSU. In the meantime I will be here as much as possible. No need for concern.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Hey Doc written any articles on COPD lately :
        Is the USD med school very research oriented or more primary care. Just curious I am a researcher as well(vet med with some human implications) at Iowa State.

Comment

USD has a very poor research program/dept right now.  I don't see it improving until they move to S. Falls and find a real association with a hospital and some increased funding.  I don't see this occuring anytime in the near future.

I had a good friend who completed his DVM training at Iowa State back in 1998.

Secondly, I did write a review on COPD last year. I now know that you already knew that. You got me
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
          X