Baseball woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball woes

Rough week for the Jackrabbit Baseball team.  First Coach Ekeland took a leave of absence (he is waiting for a liver transplant) and then a house that many of the players live in burned down this past week.

Coach will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I hear that we hired a guy from Michagan (retired coach) to fill in this year.  Good luck to SDSU's "boys of summer" as they get ready for the upcoming season.  Go Jacks!

Re: Baseball woes

My thoughts and prayers go out to Coach Ekeland and his family as he awaits his transplant.

Go State!

Comment

I was at the Jackrabbit Club on Wednesday apparently before the fire, but read about the fire in the print version of the Brookings Register.  Those guys may be lucky to be alive.  What concerns me about additional enrollment are those fire hazzard houses owned by various slum lords that include SDSU faculty. Everyone has to have a place to live, but some of them are just not safe.

At the Jackrabbit Club there was a handout of the 2005 baseball schedule that is very impressive.  We are playing teams like Creighton, one game with UNL in Lincon$$$$, and the Golden Gophers$$$, also Arkansas State, Valpraiso and Butler.  8 games with NDSU. The only D2 schools are UND in Brookings, UNO in Brookings and Omaha, and SWstate, in Brookings, and Rockhurst in KC which has a very good D2 program.  I will post this schedule when I can locate the had out sheet.

Comment

Look forward to seeing the schedule. It's good to see that we are playing some good D1 schools!

Go State!

Comment

From today's Argus:

SDSU coach Ekeland sidelined

South Dakota State coach Mark Ekeland is on medical leave, and Jack Reynolds has been named interim coach.

Reynolds' appointment covers the 2004 season. Ekeland, SDSU's coach since 1984, is awaiting a liver transplant and was recently moved up on the waiting list, the Brookings Register reported. Ekeland is 561-345-2 in 20 seasons at SDSU.

Reynolds, a 58-year-old native of Marquette, Mich., has been a coach for 40 years. He is currently the chairman of the board of directors for Marquette American Legion Blues and Reds programs.

SDSU's season begins March 6 against Stonehill (Mass.) in Forty Myers, Fla.

Good Luck Coach Ekeland, Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
          X