xcountryboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xcountryboy

SDSU's head cross country coach resigns. Definitely a blow to the program to lose such a great coach.

Danger Resigns
    BROOKINGS, SD - Paul Danger, in his sixth season as head cross country/track coach at South Dakota State University, has resigned effective at the end of the current contract year (June 30).

“My wife (Sara Running Danger) has been offered a Lilly Fellowship in the Humanities and English at Valparaiso University beginning in August,” Danger said. “It’s an opportunity you don’t pass up.

“I want to thank Dr. (Fred) Oien for providing me with the opportunity I’ve had here, and for the support in maintaining the national competitiveness of our teams.

“I have totally enjoyed coaching at South Dakota State. We have some great student athletes in our program and some great fans,” Danger said.

Danger has led the SDSU men to four straight North Central Conference cross country titles, and has been been NCC Men’s Coach of the Year each of those seasons.

He was also the Mondo Division II Men’s Cross Country Coach of the Year in 2002 after leading the Jacks to a fourth place finish at the national meet.

Danger has coached 45 All-America award winners at SDSU including two national champions, Jennifer Bass in the pole vault and Nick Burrow in the mile. Burrow also set an NCAA indoor mile record.

A native of St. James, MN, Danger is a 1995 graduate of SDSU. He earned All-America honors at SDSU twice, once each in cross country and track. Prior to returning to SDSU, he was an assistant coach at the University of Kansas for four years.
    – 30 –

Re: xcountryboy

Wow what a great opportunity for his wife! Good luck to Coach Danger and his family. I am sure with our "track record" (couldn't resist the pun) in CC we should not have any trouble getting a top notch coach to replace him.

Go State!

Comment

Working...
    X