Who's Better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Better

I'm not here to cause any problem, but I was just wondering who you guys thought was going to eventually be more successful, SDSU or NDSU. NDSU has the advantage of being directly in a Metro area, but I think this won't be a problem with SDSU's proximaty to Sioux Falls. With a larger State pop., being closer to recruiting hubs like Iowa, Nebraska, and a litttle better climate, I would think that SDSU would have the advantage over NDSU. Again, I'm not trying to cause any problems, just wondering.

Re: Who's Better

I don't think that is a question that can be answered intelligently right now. A lot will depend on the attitude of the people of the state of S.D. and N.D. More important is the financial support of alumni and corporate sponsers for athletics. I am just happy that the administration at SDSU had the courage, foresight and faith in S.D. and SDSU to make this significant move which will improve the future of all the people in S.D. and especially those who attend SDSU.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Re: Who's Better

Hands down, NDSU. SDSU will have a little extra Title IX work due to the student census (NDSU-6300 men, 4800 women/ SDSU-4500 men, 5300 women). NDSU can possibly field a top 20 team in football nearly immediately, but the same cannot be said for either school's basketball programs. That's going to be a big deal. Coaches will be able to tell recruits, "We've only been a DI school for a couple years, but we're already one of the top teams in the nation."

Corporate donors are starting to line up for NDSU, I hope the same can be said for SDSU (although I think SDSU is better off financially).

Of course, NDSU possessing the Dakota Marker for the next umpteen years isn't going to hurt, either. Jack fans better take a picture of the trophy when it's in Brookings. That will be the last time most of you will see it not in NDSU's possession.

Comment

Working...
      X