Sid Bostic's Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sid Bostic's Success

Sid Bostic gave an update on his fundraising efforts at the SDSU Donor Appreciation Banquet. The event was held, appropriately, in The Barn.

Anyway, Sid said there are now committments for $6.2 million dollars. He believes by the end of the year between $9-$10 will be pledged for the move to DI. Candidly, Sid indicated that in a fundraising effort of this type, the first part of the drive is always the easiest.

In addition, Sid said there are approximately 20 "asks" on the table for gifts ranging from $500,000 to $2 million dollars.

It's important to share this information so that people know Sid and the athletic department folks are fulfilling their promise.

Re: Sid Bostic's Success

Originally posted by Alumguy
    It's important to share this information so that people know Sid and the athletic department folks are fulfilling their promise.  
    It is indeed.  Thanks so much for sharing this info with us.  Thank you to Sid and everyone who is involved with our move to D-I.  It is a lot of hard work and I am sure sometimes it may seem unappreciated (if you have run into too many FES people   ).  Please know that there are Jackrabbit fans everywhere that do appreciate the hard work and are excited about the Jackrabbit's future!

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I shared this info with Mike Henriksen of the Craig and Mike show on KWSN.  Our ability to fund our plan was one of his big concerns.  It will be interesting to see if he changes his tone any.  Craig told me last Thursday that they would be talking about SDSU again on today's show. We will see.

http://www.kwsn.com/stream.php

Go State!

Comment

Sid was a model student/athlete that made a long shot in 1963. I think Sid has lived every day of his life in his work career as though a National Championship game was on the line. We are extremely fortunate to have him leading the charge on the fund raisings. The results are starting to show and its no doubt going to be harder to as time goes, but count on Sid to make it his best effort, and nothing less.

Comment

Working...
        X