• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Where is Fred

Giving you the benefit of the doubt:

http://www.google.com

type in "Fred Oien"

When you're done there, type in "slander law".

I'd suggest that you might wish to moderate future comments implying that Oien is a "convicted felon" or "convicted wife beater" which are not supported by fact or finding in law. Since Oien is a public figure, "malice" would need to be demonstrated, which is a pretty high standard. Still, people have in the past crossed that line on Internet boards and gotten themselves into trouble.

So, a word to the wise...
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Where is Fred

Fred was very visible and busy at the "traveling trophy" news conference. I wanted to offer my congratulations
    to him for his hard work and determination in the move
    up but he was occupied the whole time.
    I did speak briefly with coach Stig. What a true gentleman he is.
    Good luck to the Jackrabbits!!.

Comment

Originally posted by sdman
      I haven't heard or seen anything of our illustrious athletic director lately.  Is he in the "hole" now for his alledged misdeed of beating the crap out of the MRS.
      I know that was just alledged but since I haven't seen anything of the dude lately I was just wondering what happened to his case.  Maybe it was thrown out or maybe he is in Leavenworth doing some hard time.
      Just wondering.  I hope he gets off but prison justice can be harsh for wife beaters.
      Maybe sdman is talking from experience here. Based on this post he seems like the kind of moron you would find in the "hole". I look forward to never hearing from him again.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
        Giving you the benefit of the doubt:

http://www.google.com

type in "Fred Oien"

When you're done there, type in "slander law".

I'd suggest that you might wish to moderate future comments implying that Oien is a "convicted felon" or "convicted wife beater" which are not supported by fact or finding in law. Since Oien is a public figure, "malice" would need to be demonstrated, which is a pretty high standard. Still, people have in the past crossed that line on Internet boards and gotten themselves into trouble.

So, a word to the wise...

If you're going to be a smartass, you'd best make damn sure you know what the hell you're taking about. Slander is spoken. Maybe you read stuff aloud, but that still doesn't mean its spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger

If you're going to be a smartass, you'd best make damn sure you know what the hell you're taking about. Slander is spoken. Maybe you read stuff aloud, but that still doesn't mean its spoken.
          Roger,

Based on your posts here I can only conlcude that you're a jackass.  I believe Filbert is referring to "slander law" and not the concrete dictionary or legal definition of slander.  For those interested (I am sure you are already well aware, Roger) defamation, libel, and slander are similar terms.  Slander is spoken/oral defamation, where as libel is the written version.  You will also see malice included in the topic.  Either way, I don't support defaming another persons reputation in any medium.

Defamation:  Act of injuring another's reputation by any slanderous communication, written or oral; the wrong of maliciously injuring the good name of another; slander; detraction; calumny; aspersion.

In modern usage, written defamation bears the title of libel, and oral defamation that of slander.

So, wether its libel or slander that you want to pedal, we just aren't interested.  I wonder what I am getting myself into now?

P.S. I see sdman "found" some wisdom and removed his post. Fortunately, it was quoted in some others.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Its amazing how some-one can chime in on this board expressing negative thoughts about someone predictament. Over on D2Football.com Coyote Fan said that USD attack on Fred was justified and was telling the truth. What is truth? Well it means dropping baseball, getting sued by two former coaches, for not following termination policy, and have to pay legal damages in court, having to call on the Board of Regents to help pay for this damages etc. USD has nothing to be cheerful about, so Fred's situation seems the best they can come up with. Lets face it they are in such sorry shape, that they will always be second rate and in second place in terms of the largest and most progressive institution of higher learning.

JackJD thinks USD will eventially go D1, but it will never happen until they get some progressive people running that instituion. Also JackJD needs to come up with a generous gift to USD. You got to put your money where your mouth is, JACKJD.

Abbott may be a good businessman , but is only functional at best when it comes to administration of a state university.

Comment

SDSUFAN wrote: JackJD thinks USD will eventially go D1, but it will never happen until they get some progressive people running that instituion. Also JackJD needs to come up with a generous gift to USD. You got to put your money where your mouth is, JACKJD.

SDSUFAN: Hey! I'm on YOUR side. I try to be a little positive and have some hope that USD can someday make the move to D-1. In fact, I'm one who feels that the bulk of the old NCC should have made the jump. As far as putting my money where my mouth is, I do that every year with a donation to State.

Comment

JackJD:

Sorry to ruffle your feathers, but those SDSU alums who happen to have those USD degrees do have a sense of distinction when it comes to giving, and that is why USD is failing, but maybe we should not point out their problems.  JackMD and yourself are two prime examples.

Its going to be interesting to see what happens at USD in the next ten years, but for any chance for them to move up to D1AA, they need guys like Sid to step forward and carry the torch.  I think SDSU definitely out numbers USD in passionate alums, who do put their money where their mouth is and we need to keep it that way.

JackJD, I thought you were being to kind to USD, but when you spent time on campus, I can see how you say what you said. Can you believe I once wanted to get an accounting degree at USD? A long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                X