NDSU's Long time SID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU's Long time SID

Today's Fargo Forum has an interesting article about George Ellis, who I personally believe is one of the best SID's around. Reading the article its hard to draw any conclusions. It appears to be about honest disagreements between Gene Taylor and the SID

Longtime SID's job in jeopardy
    By Jeff Kolpack, The Forum
    Published Saturday, May 15, 2004

The job status of North Dakota State's longtime sports information director is in limbo.

George Ellis, who has worked at the school for 30 years, said he's hired an attorney and can't comment on his employment until "there's some sort of resolution to the matter."

Athletic director Gene Taylor said Ellis has not been fired.

"Not right now," Taylor said. "If he would have been fired, he would have been fired."

Taylor said Ellis is still working at NDSU, but Taylor said he's given Ellis a couple of options. He would not specify what they were.

"He's got a job until he makes some decisions and he has to let me know what those decisions are," Taylor said. "Could it change? Yeah. It depends on him."

Taylor said those options are related to job performance. He said Ellis has done nothing illegal or immoral.

NDSU has not retained an attorney, Taylor said. He said the university's human resources department is working with the athletic department on the matter.

Ellis, 59, was in his office on Friday.

"I'm here today," he said. "Nobody put a bar on the door and said I couldn't come in."

©2004 Forum Communications Co. Fargo, ND 58102 — All rights reserved Media Partners: The Forum |

Re: NDSU's Long time SID

Hey Bison, what the heck is going on?

Comment

Working...
    X