DI move about the State of SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DI move about the State of SD

Nice article by Kolpack in the Fargo Forum today. Here is the link and a quote.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...223§ion=Sports

"The point is this: Fargo has every right to consider itself a Division I town. If there is enough money to support it, then this area warrants a mid-major Division I program. You don't have to be Las Vegas.

The process has flaws. The transition will be brutal for some programs and there will be problems for the next several years that are only imaginable right now. The ills of this reclassification are not in the size of the city but in a lack of a conference and the ability to fund a program so it has a chance at success.

If there is a hang up from residents whose reasoning is this town isn't big enough, then it is because of an inferiority complex fed by past North Dakota attitudes.

Brookings, S.D., is the greatest example of this paranoia. Many residents are not in favor of the D-I move. But South Dakota State's athletic upgrade is not about the town, it is about the school and the entire state. There's no reason a state that has Mount Rushmore can't chisel a D-I program. This move, in fact, could put Brookings on the map of familiarity.
    "

Haven't we been saying this all along?? Don't let the FES morons get you down. Socrates, Newton and Einstein dealt with the same criticism, resentment and even hatred (I dare say), but they kept the greater goal in mind. The current paradigm is DII, time for us to shift it to DI. It won't happen overnight and it won't be without great sacrifice. In the end the reward will be sufficient to justify these sacrafices.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: DI move about the State of SD

Amen, brother rabbit! ;D

Comment

Exactly what we have all been saying. SDSU has always been a statewide asset and now has a much larger platform to perform. I'm getting tired of the naysayers especially those who reside in the Brookings area. The Brookings community has the most to gain and it's time that those who IMHO are being shortsighted and frankly selfish for wanting to continue the status quo indefinitely get on board. Because we will be the only DI show in the state we can make this work. It's not size of the dog but rather the fight in the dog!

Comment

Ditto on all that has been said. I think The Brookings Register should contract with Jeff to be the sports writer. It would be chore to drive up and down I-29, but Jeff has said and done more for SDSU in his articles then the entire Register staff. He was at one of the Wednesday Jackrabbit CLub noon meetings last year some time. The Register needs to pay the sports writers enough to make them want to stay, and they should be bugging Ron Lenz for a story daily. This does not happen it makes me mad as hell.

Comment

Working...
        X