New Rabbit in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rabbit in the world

Old 89rabbit got a very special fathers day gift! My second child and first daughter made her appearance a little early (1:16 am this morning). Mommy and baby are both doing great! ;D

Re: New Rabbit in the world

What a father's day gift. Congratulations

Comment

89 rabbit
      Congradualations, I suspect some very proud grand parents in Brookings and California.

Going to be a busy household I bet and has to be a real job. An experience I would know nothing of.  Enjoy her while she does not need to use your car.  That day will come very soon. ;D

Comment

Congrats on your new arrival. Being that you are in KC or close by it would be quite ironic if 18 years from now she decides to become a Kangaroo. Could happen and then you could jump on the UMKC bandwagon.

Comment

Congrats on the new addition! Hope she'll become a Wyoming fan! ;D

Hey, I just had to throw that in! LOL

What a great way to celebrate Father's Day!

Comment

Congrats 89.

Comment

Congratulations from across town, 89!
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Congrats 89!

Comment

89 rabbit,
                  Congrats on the new arrival. After your kids get to be about a year old or so you might want to read 2 books that will help you tremendously. Once kids get smarter than the family pet at about 6 or 8 months then this stuff really helps
                  Parenting with Love and Logic by Jim Fay and Dr Foster Kline
                  Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood by Dr. Charles Fay
                  I have been a high school teacher for 15 years and started reading those three authors about 8 years ago. They have literally changed my life and thousands of others lives around the country. After 5 years of having lots of problems in the classroom with discipline/control I learned about these guys and they have taught me incredible new techniques that I have also used on my own 2 kids. No more anger, orders and overpowering kids but rather a lot of empathy, choices, and natural consequences. It literally has changed my life along with many of our other faculty members. I don't get paid for this informal commercial but always recommend this to people I hear have new kids. Most don't bother with it for whatever reason but those who try it are amazed at how much better their relationship becomes with their kids.
                  Loveandlogic.com or your friendly neighborhood public library has some of their books.
                  Congrats again on your new arrival. sdman
                  PS - I learned about these guys once after I watched this one mom interact with her kids so well and so I asked her how she had five kids and how every one of them was just a great kid and how did she develop such a great relationship with them. She told me about the authors and from then on teaching and parenting became a lot more fun and less aggravating almost overnight when I started using the techniques. Good luck with the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
                    Old 89rabbit got a very special fathers day gift!  My second child and first daughter made her appearance a little early (1:16 am this morning).  Mommy and baby are both doing great! ;D  
                    Congratulations, "89"! Much happiness and success to you and yours.

JBNJBQ

Comment

Congrats again rabbit, Have you and your wife sorted out which one is going to be the Jackrabbit and the Wildcat? Maybe you can use your sales abilities and have TWO Jackrabbits!! ;D

Comment

I want to add my congratulations. Having 2 little girls of my own I can tell you that you are in for nothing but joy. Those who have raised teenage girls tell me that things change as they approach puberty. I guess we will see. Just as a heads up, I find myself with a lot less time for golfing, fishing, hunting, posting here, etc... All things I am more than happy to sacrifice. Congrats again and I hope everyone had a happy Father's Day.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind word, back at home for just a minute to pick up some clean close and back to the Hospital. Mommy and Baby are still doing GREAT! ;D

Comment

Working...
                          X