NCC commish on the future of DII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCC commish on the future of DII

Again, its possible that this was posted earlier and I missed it. From Michael Marcil, NCC commisioner, regarding more respect for DII. Related to the loss of SDSU and NDSU. Anyone know if this got any attention? I don't believe it did.

Here's the link: http://www.ncaa.org/news/2004/200403...rPkSObwu77OXmE
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: NCC commish on the future of DII

Didn't take time to read the article, but I'll add my two cents anyway. [s]He's an idiot[/s].  The future of DII fortells of reduced scholarships, more private (DIII) type schools joining, and ongoing domination by schools that in all fairness could or should move up a level.  If you look at the major sports (football, men & women's basketball, even wrestling) you'll see the same teams from year to year competing for championships (just like in DI).  That makes me believe that for the smaller DII schools to compete they will band together, cut scholarship limits, thereby enabling a more level playing field for those schools that cannot offer similar amounts of athletic aid as the perrenial champions.  Am I wrong?

I apologize for my perceived "smack" comment

Comment

Working...
    X