New baseball coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New baseball coach

Nice article about Reggie and his Legion team. Big win in the state tournament winners bracket but Reggie has to leave the team to report to SDSU. Nice story, sounds like he is well liked/successful in most of his endeavors. Should be a great addition for SDSU.

Coaches final game
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: New baseball coach

A great story about a newly hired coach. When you read that you get the feeling that the AD, President and Search Committee made the best choice. I sure he had gotten good endorsements at KU. I think Filbert found one of these articles on a KU site or some where close to that. At any rate the head coach at KU seemed to feel that Reggie had the capabilities that indicate a bright future.

When you got a coach who cares about his players and loves the game, we cant go wrong.

Comment

SDSUFAN,

Here is the story, that filbert posted, that you referred to. You can't get much better praise then what Reggie's old boss had to say about him. 8)

http://www.kuathletics.com/baseball/.../07_19_04.html

"I'm thrilled for Reggie and for his opportunity to become a head coach at the Division I level," Price said of the hire. "I compliment South Dakota State on their terrific hire of one of the finest young coaches in the country. Reggie has had a tremendous impact on our program. Everyone associated with KU baseball -- including all the coaches and players -- will miss him greatly. We wish him success in the future, not only because is he an outstanding coach, but an outstanding person. Reggie is the perfect person to lead South Dakota State to the Division I level."

Go State! ;D

Comment

I can tell you already that the baseball team has gotten a shot in the butt.  They have already had in recruits from from different parts of the country for this coming year yet.  Mr. Christiansen has found some willing takers to change their plans late and toward SDSU.  From my perspective he either has some great connections or is a great recruiter to get kids to even think about SDSU this late in the cycle.  I guess we will see what kind of talent he gets but it has me excited about SDSU baseball again.  
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
        X