Support SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support SDSU

I was encouraged by several to give this post its own thread (it was originally part of another thread). So here goes. . . .

I think the time for debate is over. The decision to move our athletics programs to D-I is more then a year old. South Dakota State University IS a D-I school. Our first NCAA D-I competition will take place in less then 25 days. The Women’s Soccer team will literally kick off our first season at our new level on Aug. 27th when they take on the Panthers of the University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee.

The word Fan is derived from the word fanatic. When used as an adjective the definition is fanatic - marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to (in this case SDSU). So I do understand how someone could be a fan of SDSU and be upset by our move to D-I. I say to any that feel this way. Please let us know your concerns, let us help you understand why this is a good move not only for the University but also for the State as a whole. Give us your reasoning as to why you are troubled by the direction that the University has taken and we will offer hope so that you can once again fully support with excessive enthusiasm and intense devotion that which you love.

I think where people on this board tend to get a little upset is when folks who are not fans of SDSU, who do not have the best interests of our fine institution at heart, who even mock us come to the board to take pot shoots at us. Since we are in that political time of year I will offer up an analogy that may help explain my point. Be you a Democrat or Republican when the primary races are over one would hope that the Party unites behind its chosen candidate. Some years it is tougher then other, I understand that. The same is true about SDSU’s decision to move our Athletics program to the D-I level. The decision has been made (the primaries are over) and the first season of D-I is upon us (the general election is here). It is time for all good Jackrabbit fans to rally to the cause. We are South Dakota State University and we need your support.

For those who can not give that support right now I encourage you to stay open minded and let us help you. Time will heal old wounds and when you are ready we will be waiting to except you back into the fold. If on the other hand you are not a fan and have come on the board to attack that which we hold dear, please be forewarned that your assertions will be met with enthusiasm and intense devotion, because this is a SDSU fan board.

Go South Dakota State University! ;D
Working...
X