• Show
Clear All

• More research news

I love the direction that SDSU is taking on all fronts!  ;D

http://www.brookingsregister.com/mai...86&page=23

Avera Research Institute expanding to Brookings

BY JOHN KUBAL

* Will lease space in new building near SDSU campus

The Avera Research Institute, headquartered in Sioux Falls and a department of Avera McKennan Hospital and University, is bringing a site to Brookings.
    The announcement came Thursday afternoon in a news conference near the entrance to the under-construction building at 815 Medary Ave. where the South Dakota State University Foundation and the South Dakota Enterprise Institute (SDEI) will be housed.
    In a news release statement on Thursday, David Kuper, executive director of the Avera Research Institute, said, “Avera McKennan is pleased to have the opportunity to partner with the Brookings community in clinical research. We are particularly proud to share space in this beautiful building …. There will be an element of excitement in the ability of our researchers and the entrepreneurs of the Enterprise Institute to share their creative talents.  .  .  .

The news release also noted the enthusiasm of David Hilderbrand, interim vice president for research and dean of the SDSU Graduate School, for what he called the “research collaborations that we anticipate will evolve from a collaborative Health Management Research consortium between Avera Research Institute and SDSU.”  .  .  .

“These collaborative effects will further strengthen SDSU’s growing research program and expanding efforts in support of health care, economic development, and quality of life in South Dakota.”  .  .  .

Go SDSU!  ;D

Re: More research news

I think this is a new beginning of research at SDSU and it will grow. Avera is the old MacKennin hospital in Sioux Falls. Sioux Valley has been their rival for a long time. I think its interesting that Sioux Valley has worked very closely with the medical school at USD. Now Avera seems to be taking and buying the medical facilities in Brookings and is also aligning itself with SDSU.

Who says the USD-SDSU rivalry died with SDSU moving on to D1?

With this new research and the Sun Grant, many new things are going to make Brookings grow. The houses wont get much cheaper either so I am finding out. ;D

Comment

Working...
    X