definition of success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• definition of success

As someone who is a big supporter of sdsu football and basketball I am curious to know specifically how people on this board would define a successful outcome to our d1 move. I know we have a few naysayers who come on this site and express their opinions which I generally disagree with. They keep saying we won't be successful but yet nobody really elaborates much on what success will look like.
    For starters I think we have already been successful by being able to put together a decent fb league (although it is a little more spread out geographically than I like) and a nice basketball schedule thus far.
    But in my opinion to have ultimate success we will have to get into an established league like the bsc or mid cont and compete well. Maybe not win conference titles but compete in the middle of these conferences after a time. If we do that within 5 to 10 years I would brand this move a real success but if we don't have a league or if we have a league and we are cellar dwellers then I would not define it so positively. That is my hope for the jacks is to get a conference and compete well. But if we don't do both things than I think history may judge us negatively.
    Also, as far as the impact on research dollars I have no experience knowing if playing d1 makes much of a difference but I surely hope it does. Go Jacks
    How will some of you other jack fans define success?

Re: definition of success

At this point in time its too early to claim sucess and wrong to admit failure. We need to be patient. I do think that the BSC is very interested in NDSU and SDSU and we will be sucessful if admitted to that Big Sky.

Comment

Working...
    X