Amateur baseball/Matt Jones updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amateur baseball/Matt Jones updates?

Someone please post the most recent results of the state B amateur tourney and any box scores if you have access to them. I cannot find a summary or box score of Lake Norden's 11 inning victory over Ipswich Sunday. How did former and current Jackrabbits Matt Stevenson, Mark Stevenson, and Matt Jones perform?

They should be down to the quaterfinals and I am curious to know who else remains. From the Argus I know Redfield plays Larchwood in one game. What about the other 3? I have searched papers from Aberdeen, Watertown, Yankton, and Sioux Falls without success. So, I decided to come to you guys. Help me out.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Amateur baseball/Matt Jones updates?

Lake Norden plays Vermillion next (SDSU guys vs USD guys) should be interesting.

On a previous post Mick Hogland was easily one of the top ten baseball players in South Dakota. A late bloomer no doubt, he could have played professional baseball if given better circumstances. (like playing for a D1 school in South Dakota)

Comment

Mike_H should have some info on this topic as they discussed it heavily on their show yesterday. I believe they said they were going to be out there.

Comment

Tonite Lake Preston plays the defending state champs. the Vermillion Red Sox. That is followed by Dell Rapids PBR, who have surprised a lot of folks, including me, by making it this far, taking on Montrose. Montrose had a heck of a year, winning the Corn Belt title, then losing to the Dell's Mudcats in the championship of the district. Friday night Redfield, top ranked for much of the year, takes on Larchwood (yes, I know they are in Iowa but we are a friendly bunch!) and the Dell's Mudcats take on the Kennebec-Chamberlain Cannons.

If I had to predict the outcomes I would go with a Vermillion-Montrose matchup on Saturday afternoon and a Mudcats-Redfield matchup up Saturday night.

Please. No wagering.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H
          Tonite Lake Preston plays the defending state champs. the Vermillion Red Sox. That is followed by Dell Rapids PBR, who have surprised a lot of folks, including me, by making it this far, taking on Montrose. Montrose had a heck of a year, winning the Corn Belt title, then losing to the Dell's Mudcats in the championship of the district. Friday night Redfield, top ranked for much of the year, takes on Larchwood (yes, I know they are in Iowa but we are a friendly bunch!) and the Dell's Mudcats take on the Kennebec-Chamberlain Cannons.

If I had to predict the outcomes I would go with a Vermillion-Montrose matchup on Saturday afternoon and a Mudcats-Redfield matchup up Saturday night.

Please. No wagering.
          I'll assume you mean Lake Norden (not Preston). I'll take Lake Norden vs Montrose and Larchwood vs Dells. I do believe Norden played Montrose close this year and may have defeated them and I know Norden snapped Redfiled's winning streak. Does anyone know if the games tonight will be on the radio/internet? I'll check in to the Vermillion stations this evening. I can't think of a better way to spend my Thursday night than listening to amateur baseball while watching the Twins vs Yankess. I was at the dome last night and watched Santana baffle the Yanks. Posada looked ridiculous agains that change-up. I hope Johan wins the Cy young, need Mulder to falter a little I'm afraid. Go Lakers!! I hate everything about Vermillion including the Red Sox (I know its my problem).
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Lake NORDEN (my bad) game will be on the Vermillion station. Not sure of their website or if they stream those. Second game will be on KJAM in Madison. Again, not sure, although both stations stream their college games. First game Friday night, no radio, but second game on KJAM and on KMIT out of Mitchell. KMIT is a much better broadcast if they stream.

Comment

Mike_H you're forgiven just don't make the same mistake again. You already have enogh faults the way it is.

No stations have the webcast of either game so I need an update. I sure as hell miss playing in and attending the state amateur tourney. Let me know the outcome of tonights games ASAP, I'm on call all will be up all night.

Comment

jackmd: You really screwed me up tonight! I ended up making the same mistake over the PA! The good news was that gave me an opportunity to plug the town of Lake Norden a couple of times and talk about their fine attractions . I think that got me back in their good graces.

Bad news. Norden lost to Vermillion. They got to Raasch, then Stevenson came in and pitched well, but it was too late. Check the Yankton newspaper, www.yankton.com, for the details. Vermillion will play Montrose, who beat PBR 7 to 2 in the nightcap. The second game got over at 11:25pm. Another long night at the ballpark

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_H

Please. No wagering.
                  Not like you went out on a limb predicting the four teams that made it to the semis, but I will give you credit. I guess I have to cheer for Redfiled since they come from the NE part of the state. Should be great games. I wish I could be there.

I see Brookings has come through the A tourney bracket along with Yankton and Renner. Nice to see the Rapid City teams go down. I noticed that Lonnie Stover and Curt Fredricksen (2 future hall-of-famers) are still taking the mound in big games.

Too bad Raasch couldn't keep Vermillion down. He has thrown in a lot of big games. Seems like Norden comes out on the losing end more often than not in the later rounds. Just can seem to get over that hump. Nice to see Jones and Matt Stevenson play well. 14 runners left on base sure hurts. Either way, nice year for Lake Norden, congrats and good luck to the other teams.

Comment

Vermillion beat Redfield and Renner beat Brookings today at the State Amatuer baseball tournament. Details should be in a few papers on Monday. In all honesty, Montrose should have beaten Vermillion Saturday and the Dell's Mudcats were handcuffed by Keith Gall most of the game against Redfield but still had their chances.

jackmd: I had the chance to meet Burt Tulson Saturday night. I had met him before several years ago but he came up to the booth to thank folks for how well the tourney was going. That was really nice of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X