Contest Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contest Sites

Playing schedules are dictated to you (conf. schedule) and a negoation process. If to many games are played in SF (great field now) all the teams will say "ok we will come but I want to play in Sioux Falls" If teams stay independent it will be another obsticle to overcome in the scheduling process.

IMO SDSU lacks the support in the Western side of the state (books and thesis have been written on the West River-East River thing) BUT having tournaments in SF and RC could increase fan support and increase attenance in Brookings. Other than that coaches need to hold fast and schedule home games at their home sites.

Re: Contest Sites

I agree with Joe Jack, Brookings is the home of the Jacks and that's where they should play their games. I originally thought that was the only way to have a DI school in SD was to have it in Sioux Falls. It has about 150,000 population within 15 min of it. I really hope SDSU makes it in DI, but it will be long process.

Comment

Re: Contest Sites

It is ok to have a few games in other places.  Many schools do it.  Kansas seems to play a  game or two in KC at Frost Arena every year. Another example was the Colorado vs Colorado State game yesterday. It was on a campus site for the first time in a long time. Most years it is played in Denver. How about Army vs. Navy?  I would agree that most games should be played in Brookings and I think they will.  So far we are talking about 2 Baseball games in Sioux Falls.  Nothing to get to worked up over.  It will be ok.    As far as making it in D-I, we will.  Give the Rabbits some time to get adjusted, we will be great!  

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Working...
      X