Did anyone think this would be easy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone think this would be easy?

It's fair to say SDSU has stumbled out of the gate into the D-I world. The football team gets trounced at Davis, the soccer team is getting badly out-shot by D-I opponents, and the volleyball team struggled in Hawaii against upper-tier D-II competition.

On the plus side, the cross country teams had a respectable showing in the USD Invitational, and are heading to UNL.

For us fans and alumni, time to show up, cheer louder, give more, stand by our athletes and coaches, and help them be "passionate" and "relentless." SDSU is already D-I in academics, but it will take some time for the athletic programs to catch up. We in Rabbit Nation will take our lumps for a while, but oh! how sweet it will be when one of our athletes or teams breaks out.

Go Rabbits!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Did anyone think this would be easy?

I am with you all the way Filbert. No this was never going to be easy in my mind. Other institutions have made the transition and doing fine. Ask Southwest Missouri State and even Southeast Missouri state if they wished they were back in D2 and members of the MIAA.

I dont think you would get too many takers in moving back. Another footnote, is that the current President at U of North Dakota Kupchella was a high level administrator at Southeast Missouri when they move up and he apparently saw nothing but negatives about the transition and is our best hope for UND staying D2 for a long time. Enough time for SDSU to put some distance ahead of UND.

Comment

Re: Did anyone think this would be easy?

Originally posted by filbert
      It's fair to say SDSU has stumbled out of the gate into the D-I world.  The football team gets trounced at Davis, the soccer team is getting badly out-shot by D-I opponents, and the volleyball team struggled in Hawaii against upper-tier D-II competition.

On the plus side, the cross country teams had a respectable showing in the USD Invitational, and are heading to UNL.

For us fans and alumni, time to show up, cheer louder, give more, stand by our athletes and coaches, and help them be "passionate" and "relentless."  SDSU is already D-I in academics, but it will take some time for the athletic programs to catch up.  We in Rabbit Nation will take our lumps for a while, but oh! how sweet it will be when one of our athletes or teams breaks out.

Go Rabbits!
      Well said!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
      X