First D-I win!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First D-I win!

The Volleyball team plays their first D-I opponents tonight as they take on UTEP.  The Jackrabbits are also in action this weekend as they play in the New Mexico State Invitational.  Best of luck to the Jackrabbits!

Go State!  ;D

Re: Volleyball team to face first D-I opponents

From the SDSU athletics site:

Wednesday, Sept. 8: Volleyball -- SDSU 3, Texas-El Paso 2
    (30-20, 25-30, 33-31, 28-30, 15-12)
    • First victory against Division I opponent!

Way to go, Lady Jacks!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

side note:

you ever been to El Paso? Very interesting place

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
        First victory against Division I opponent!

Way to go Jackrabbits! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

More about our first D-I win:

http://www.gojacks.com

SDSU rallies past UTEP in D-I debut

EL PASO, Texas -- South Dakota State overcame a five-point deficit in the fifth-and-deciding game against Texas-El Paso, rattling off the final eight points in succession to make its first-ever match against a Division I opponent a successful one Wednesday night. . . .

Go State! ;D

Comment

From the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Th...article5.shtml

SDSU volleyball team surges to first D-I win

EL PASO, Texas - South Dakota State's volleyball team overcame a five-point deficit in the final game against Texas-El Paso, rattling off the last eight points in succession to win its first-ever match against an NCAA Division I opponent.

Game scores were 30-20, 25-30, 33-31, 28-30 and 15-12 in favor of the Jackrabbits, who improved to 2-3 overall. SDSU trailed 12-7 in the final game before starting its comeback. . . .

Kim Bostrom led the Jacks' offense with 24 kills and a .513 hitting percentage. Minette Ridenour added 23 kills, while Carley Boll and Sarah Biggerstaff each recorded eight kills.

Stephanie Behm contributed a double-double with 51 set assists and 12 digs in the victory.

SDSU moves on to face Division II opponent Western New Mexico today before returning to Division I action at the New Mexico State Invitational on Friday and Saturday in Las Cruces, N.M.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Here is what the UTEP web site had to say:

http://www.nmnathletics.com/ViewArti...p;ATCLID=74840

Jackrabbits Edge Miners In Season Opener, 3-2

El Paso, Texas - South Dakota State, led by the double-double performance of Minette Ridenour, dropped the Miners in their season opener, 3-2, at Memorial Gym on Wednesday.
              Ridenour recorded 23 kills and 20 digs, while the Jackrabbits’ Kim Bostrom tallied 24 kills and seven blocks. The tandem proved to be unstoppable, combining for 47 kills on 99 attempts and 15 attack errors.

“We lost focus,” said head coach Scott Swanson. “To be up six to zero and then have them come back and score nine straight points for the win is a tough thing to do, especially in rally scoring.” . . .

The Miners dropped the first game 30-20 to fall behind the Jackrabbits 1-0. They would take the early lead in game two, but the Jackrabbits tied the game at 4-4 with a kill by Ridenour. Two points later, a hitting error by Ridenour would give the Miners the lead, never looking back. They took game two 30-25.

UTEP seemed to be in control of game five, jumping to a 6-0 lead. A kill by South Dakota’s Sarah Biggerstaff would give the ball to the Jackrabbits. South Dakota State made their way to a 5-7 score before turning it over to the Miners to serve. The score would reach 12-6, with the Miners just three points away from their first season victory, when the serving of Stephanie Behm helped propel the Jackrabbits to score nine unanswered points and take the fifth game 15-12.

The loss drops the Miners to 0-1 heading into the Texas Tech Roundup in Lubbock, Texas this weekend. They will face Texas Tech and North Texas on Friday and UT-Pan American on Saturday. . . .

Coach Palileo and I talked about the upcoming season earlier this year and I thought that UTEP was a game we could win. I am so very happy to have our first D-I win under our belt. Way to go Jackrabbits! ;D

Go State! 8)

Comment

Re: First D-I win!

Excellent. Eat your heart out Mav no 1 and Big Jake.

Comment

Working...
                X