A Great Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Great Moment

During Saturday night's football game, the public address announcer reported the volleyball scores. Of course this has been done in the past. What will stick with me for the rest of my life is that he announced that we lost to Marquette but beat Boston College.

I still get goose bumps thinking about it.

Re: A Great Moment

Nice win over Boston College. From the BC website.

The Eagles continued action in the afternoon against South Dakota State. BC dominated the opening game as they attacked the ball remarkably well for an attacking percentage of .594. The Eagles converted 20 kills on 32 attempts with only one error. Andersen continued her top-notch play as she recorded a double double on 21 kills and 13 digs. BC took game one 30-15.

In game two the Eagles took an early 6-3 lead off of a kill by Kelsey Johnson. The freshman played a key role for the Eagles as she nailed 13 kills and added nine digs in the match. The Jackrabbits would tie the score at 18 and not look back from there. They won the game 30-26.

The Eagles responded in game three as they took a quick 12-3 lead over South Dakota State. Dorota Niemczewska led the Eagle charge as she completed 20 kills on 42 attempts for an impressive .381 attacking percentage. BC would not relinquish as they advanced 30-22.

In game four the Jackrabbits led 14-11, but BC would respond with a seven point run. Allison Anderson led the charge with one of her three service aces on the night. The captain also notched a match-high 30 digs on the night. Unfortunately the Eagle's efforts were not enough as South Dakota State squeezed by 30-27.

The Eagles found themselves in a similar position in game five. Tied at 11-11, the Jackrabbits would add two point to take a 13-11 lead. A kill by Niemczewska would bring BC within one, however it was too short as South Dakota State won game five 15-12.

BC will look to regain control back on the east coast on Friday, September 24 against Brown University (1-5) at 7 p.m. in Providence, RI.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Re: A Great Moment

I have to agree with Alumguy, it was a great moment. I was in the South End of the Stadium letting my son play with some other kids (it was his first SDSU football game and he had a blast), when I heard that we beat Boston College. What a thrill.

It flashed me back to the many people who said we couldn't play with the D-I schools, or if we did it would only be the little ones. You can't get much bigger then BC of the Big East Conference.

Couple that with another SDSU football win, the Soccer team winning it's home opener, and the Men's Cross Country team finishing ahead of Big XII teams Nebraska and Missouri, I would say it was a GREAT weekend. Way to go Jackrabbits!

Go State! ;D

Comment

Working...
      X