Favorite place in Brookings to get a beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite place in Brookings to get a beer

So, what is or was your favorite place in Brookings to get a beer?

When I was at School it was either the Lucky Lady or the Saf. Now days I would have to go with Cubby's. They are getting a nice collection of sports memorabilia. Tons of TVs and the food is pretty good. A great place to go after the game.

Re: Favorite place in Brookings to get a beer

Cubby's by far for me. Sports everywhere and the best food in town.

Comment

No longer a real beer drinker, but love Odouls so may have to check Cubby's out next time in Brookings. Especially if the food is good.

Comment

I also see that they are beginning fondation work for the new Applebees in Brookings. This place is supposed to have a SDSU theme, so it might become another place to gather before and after games.

Comment

My buddy Ken brews the best beer in Brookings. Otherwise, let's talk Skinner's.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Since Cubby's was built that has to be the place for me, It was nice to see Brookings get a place like that with the SDSU athletice theme, Its a nice place to go for pre game warm ups.

Comment

two post to this subject proves I have too much time on my hands but When I went to state 1984-1988 The Staurolite Inn Lounge was always cool, cheap beer, and sometimes live bands, I havent been in there in years, I know the name of the hotel has changed, and I dont know if they still have a bar, someone else with too much time on their hands may be able to update this hot topic.
              Go Rabbits Go Rabbits....

Comment

Ram Pub/O'Hares.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
                  two post to this subject proves I have too much time on my hands but When I went to state 1984-1988 The Staurolite Inn Lounge was always cool, cheap beer, and sometimes live bands, I havent been in there in years, I know the name of the hotel has changed, and I dont know if they still have a bar, someone else with too much time on their hands may be able to update this hot topic.
                  Go Rabbits Go Rabbits....
                  Hey Texas,

I was just in Brookings this last weekend. The name of the hotel is the same, it just an independent now (no national affiliation). I too went to State from '84 through '88 (stayed 1 extra year and graduated in '89) but I haven't been there in years. The sign on the building says that the bar is now called the "Fireside Lounge". I have friends staying at the hotel this Hobo Day, might have to check it out. If I do I will give you a report.

Go State!

Comment

89 Rabbit,
                    Thanks for the update, Its good to know it's still there. I hope to be back in Brookings for the NWMo. St game and I may check it out.

Texas

Comment

There will soon be a new place to get a beer, looks like it is out of the way for SDSU fans, but you never know maybe it will be happening. My guess is no, but who is to say.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?n...2769&rfi=6

Go Jacks!

Comment

Here is the latest on the new Applebees in Brookings

http://www.sdsucollegian.com/news/471221.html

Sounds like it could be a nice place to go after games!

Go State!

Comment

I wish it was going to be open in October, I am going to be making the trip North For the Beef Bowl vs UND on Oct. 11th. Which leads me to my next point, any other posters tailgating or having a pre game warmup prior to watching us beat the stuffing out of the sue? I wouldnt mind hanging out with some of you guys that will be going.

Comment

Wish I could, but I am taking customers up to Green Bay to see the Chiefs beat up the Packers (in the Kohler suite 8)) that weekend. Are you coming up for Hobo Day?

Go State!

Comment

Going to have to miss Hobo Day this year I have tickets for LSU-LA. Tech game in Baton Rouge on Nov. 1. I guess if I have to miss homecoming, watching a game in "death valley" with 98,000 drunk cajuns is a pretty good second.

Comment

Working...
                              X