KWSN and Mike_H hosting coaches show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KWSN and Mike_H hosting coaches show

I see from my Jacks Flash that Mike_H will be hosting the "Jackrabbit Report" on Tuesdays at 5 pm. Unfortunately, my work day is rarely over by then. Any chance that the shows will be available in an archive form? Looking forward to the first "report" this coming Tuesday.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: KWSN and Mike_H hosting coaches show

Looking back at some of the posts on this board and some of the things that have been said about me, all I can think is:

"Isn't irony a wonderful thing?"

Comment

MIke H,

It is great that you are hosting the Jackrabbit report. Has your opinion on SDSU's move to D1 changed over the past few months? As occasional listener of your show and member of this board, it seems like you are more positive about the move to D1 now than you were as recently as this spring? Maybe I am entirely wrong about your opinions - I know I am biased towards SDSU. I hope the show gets great ratings.

Comment

I have probably been harder on Mike than anyone with comments here and in private emails. After some reflection, I come to the conclusion that what he is in is the radio business and can only stay there by offering information that his listening audience wants hear. Craig and Mike cannot be cheerleaders for SDSU. ;D

Among the audience are a number of people who see the opposite side of SDSU moving to D1. Sometimes he may be appeasing them, but the question about the conference and what SDSU has to offer now seems to be a good question as it forced SDSU fans to rethink what its all about

I have given up on trying to change anyone's mind. If I believe its going to work it will.

Craig and Mike do a great job. Yesterday they had a great show that included personalities familiar with Negro Baseball.

The fact that they have a slot for SDSU and Coach Stig is a real bonus for us and God Bless them for doing so.

Comment

On today's first show, we'll talk football, volleyball, and soccer. We will stream the show, but we do not archive. Sorry.

jack100: It's not more or less positive. The simple fact is the change has been made, so let's get on with it and see where it leads!

SDSUFAN: Thank you! I knew you'd come around !

Comment

Mike

You are welcome. Sometimes passion gets out of hand and I make enemies in the process, I will continue to listen to your show.  

If SDSU wants extra coverage, then SDSU must earn it the hard way. I am thinking we will do that in the future. ;D

Comment

I missed the show today. What were some of the highlights or insights from the coaches?

Comment

rabbit74: They are dumping the whole D1 thing. They thought it over and will be asking the NCC to allow them back in the conference. Sorry you couldn't hear it! It might have been the most important half hour of radio I have ever been a part of!

Comment

OK Mike, I'll try harder to remember to listen next time. Some of us old guys have more senior moments than we would like to admit!!!

Comment

Rabbit74:

You do need to take time to listen next time. The Rabbit Report has a sponsor First Premier Bank of Sioux Falls.  A very dedicated alum, Dana Dykhouse  is the CEO at First Premier bank. We owe it to Dana's generousity to listen in.

They had a good interview with Coach Stig, Palelo, the volleyball coach and Lang Wedemeyer, the soccer coach.  

I do have a hard time distinguishing between the voices of Craig and Mike, but I believe Mike was the host and did the interviews.  It was a great show with the playing of the Yellow and Blue to close out the show. ;D

Comment

Today's guests are Stig, Jody Pitts talking about the cereal Bowl, and the new equestrian coach. As always, I will be your host. Hope you tune in!

Comment

Chris Solari, from the Argus, was on the show today. Very upfront and positive good stuff!

Go State! ;D

Comment

agree with 89 the show today was good and i heard the first half of the rabbit report on my way home, the new equestrian coach sounded veryknowledgeable and coach stig was pretty upbeat as well. One comment i heard either Mike or Craig make was about the DakotaDome, it kind of made me cringe. They were talking about how good the dome looked inside, which i think is great for USD and for the state of south dakota, and then they kind of put down both coughlin and howard wood about how crappy they looked(which may be true), but then said that the dome should be the treasure of south dakota in other words. Why is this? Shouldn't Howard wood be the stadium of south dakota? I don't see why everyone associates the DakotaDome in Vermillion as South Dakota's Facility and the other venues around the state as each city or campuses problem. i understand the state has some vested interest in the dome as it holds many state functions throughout the year, but if any of the other facilities received periodical "facelifts" from the state they could look just as nice if not better. And they still wouldn't be in Vermillion, such a nice town for the venue of the state. OK i am off of my soapbox, feel free to attack
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Can anyone give a brief synopsis of the Rabbit Report? What did Stig have to say about the game? How does he explain a 52-0 defeat? I wish I could have listened, but alas I cannot pick up the show on my drive home in the Twin Cities ;D

Did our Marketing Director have anything to say as far as how they are going to draw in fans this year for football and basketball? Seems like in the past there has been too much reliance on "We're SDSU, you should be watching us" rather than "We're SDSU, here's how we'll entertain you". I have a hard time believing that there will be 10,000 people in the seats this Saturday. Winona State won't draw, and the Cereal Bowl is a 6-7,000 attendance game. The Western Oregon game will also struggle IMO. Time to start promoting the heck out of SDSU, the move to DI, and other activities around the games to get people in.

Have heard good things about the equestrian coach. I applaud Mike & Craig for having her on as it's a new sport at the collegiate level for this part of the country and will need as much exposure as possible. Granted it's not much of a spectator sport, but for young women and horse people around the state it is a great opportunity to stay involved (or get involved) to an even greater extent.

Comment

CatchemAll: Jody Pitts was on talking about the events this weekend. She talked about the Cereal Bowl, but also talked about the activities prior to the game including the cookout, etc. She did a nice job.

Megan McGee was a good interview. I asked all sorts of stupid questions and she answered them very politely. I think she knows that a large part of her job is to inform the public on what an equestrian program is all about and to sell them on that program. I do have a suggestion for her once she starts, however. Buy a new phone! There was a terrible hum, and that was her land line. Other than that, very nice and very informative.

Stig said it is time for rededication and refocus. They need to simplifiy some things and go back to getting as many repetitions in as possible. One of Stig's favorite comments is "to live in the now". That is a philosiphy that will serve him very well in a week like this.

With that in mind, I have another thought about marketing. I will move that to another thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X