NDSU - a trusted partner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU - a trusted partner?

Both the Bison and Sioux message boards are talking about the possibility that UND will make the move to DI very soon. If so - where does this leave SDSU? Will NDSU now try to distance itself from SDSU as a travel partner for the Big Sky Conference? Hopefully, this will not happen.

What will SDSU do in the above scenario? Maybe the Missouri Valley would consider SDSU again. I think the Missouri Valley might be a good fit for SDSU and the football team could still play in the Great West (if it still exists) or the Gateway. I do not like the Mid-Continent at all - that would have to be a last resort.

Re: NDSU - a trusted partner?

I wouldn't worry about the Bison too much. There have been lots of rumors associated with our D-I conference hunt. Most are just that rumors. The one thing we know for sure is that the Big Sky is interested in expanding and we are one of the candidates.

Go State! ;D

Comment

You've got it right "89"!

There will continue to be movement in the DI conferences as teams shuffle to find a home that fits. Title IX has caused some teams to drop sports, add sports and cut back scholarships to comply. All of this spells OPPORTUNITY for schools that are in the right place at the right time. UNC, NDSU and SDSU are right where we all need to be to capitalize on the situation.

UND, USD, UNO and the other followers are all about a day late and a dollar short! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JBNJBQ

Comment

Originally posted by jack100
        Both the Bison and Sioux message boards are talking about the possibility that UND will make the move to DI very soon. If so - where does this leave SDSU? Will NDSU now try to distance itself from SDSU as a travel partner for the Big Sky Conference? Hopefully, this will not happen.

What will SDSU do in the above scenario? Maybe the Missouri Valley would consider SDSU again. I think the Missouri Valley might be a good fit for SDSU and the football team could still play in the Great West (if it still exists) or the Gateway. I do not like the Mid-Continent at all - that would have to be a last resort.

I think trusted partner for the moment, with the realization that they would like to get into the Big Sky without us, or to bring UND instead. Obviously, best thing to do now is to see where all this leads and hope for the best.

Comment

SDSU from what little I can pick up seems to be in a good position to gain membership in the BSC. Probably the only issue is not havin 60 football scholarships immedidately, but if there is a plan in place, which there is, the BSC will take that into consideration. The Administrations of SDSU and NDSU have worked on a number of things together over the years besides BSC membership so there is trust I think, but when push comes to shove, each institution is likely to look out for themselves. Thats about all we can expect.

Comment

Working...
          X