SDSU Jackrabbit hitch cover design/cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Jackrabbit hitch cover design/cost

I would really like an SDSU Jackrabbit hitch plug for my Tahoe.  I doubt anyone makes them.  If anyone has any info please let me know.

My colleague has this one on his Silverado and I think an SDSU plug would look damn good:

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Anyone seen an SDSU Jackrabbits hitch plug?

That would be great. If you find out how/where to get one, let us all know.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I agree the hitch plugs would be great. I did have a discussions about this very topic with the manager of the SDSU Bookstore the last time I was in Brookings (over a year ago). He said it was a good idea and would look into it. I am assuming nothing got done with it . Maybe it is something to bring up to Jody Pitts the Marketing Manager as SDSU.
      We...ARE...STATE!
      SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

You know, that is a good idea. Sign me up for one.

Comment

I was in the SDSU bookstore last Tuesday-No hitch plugs yet. These are hugely popular ( at least they are in Texas) I expect it won't be too long before we can find them.

Comment

I've seen Montana, Montana State, and Appalachian State hitch plugs on the internet, but nothing for NDSU/SDSU. :-/ Hopefully both schools start thinking outside the box for some of their merchandise soon.

Comment

Originally posted by D-town
              I agree the hitch plugs would be great.  I did have a discussions about this very topic with the manager of the SDSU Bookstore the last time I was in Brookings (over a year ago).  He said it was a good idea and would look into it.  I am assuming nothing got done with it .  Maybe it is something to bring up to Jody Pitts the Marketing Manager as SDSU.  
              I met Jodi Pitts at the Stan Marshall.  She was in my golf group. A ambitious young lady, but I think the controll by the Bookstore is some of the problem with any of the merchandise of this nature.  What I would suggest is an email to Fred Oien, AD.  I think the  advantage of that is that it lets him know that some one is interested in this type of thing and I know he could explain the working relationship or contractual rights the bookstore has over it.  If you contact Jody, she will probably have to bring your request or suggestion to Fred attention to get any backing in trying to help you out.   This is just my thought.

Fred I have found is very interested in what alums are thinking and what they want. Plus if the bookstore is part of the game plan then he can take it to a higher adminstrative level.  Its campus politics and its been this way for a long time. We need to change if we want to promote and be visiable. There is absolutely no reason for SDSU not to have a hitch pole for proud alums.

Comment

Re: Anyone seen a SDSU Jackrabbits hitch plug?

There's a young lady in the Alumni Center who is looking into the possibility of of the Alumni Association selling hitch plugs. The early word is that they would go for between $8 to $30.

Anyone interested should e-mail Kassie at: sdsu_alumni@sdstate.edu

Comment

Re: Anyone seen a SDSU Jackrabbits hitch plug?

Currently working on hitch covers and need some opinions.  Here are links to a number of hitch covers, cost is $29.99.  

http://www.truckxpressions.com/truck...es/bully05.htm

http://www.scorehere.com/index.asp?P...356&Page=3

The standard cover fits a 2" x 2" receiver.  Adaptors for a 1 1/4" are available (extra cost).  Locks are also an option (extra cost).  I suspect the Alumni Assoc. will order the covers with the adaptor or lock left as an option for the buyer to acquire. (I recommend a lock, keeps the cover in place in the car wash and prevents theft by jealous Coyote fans).

What would you be willing to part with for a SDSU hitch cover?  Again, my opinion would be for a high quality, larger size cover.  I suspect the cost would be right at $30.  I am hopeful that they will be able to offer them via the website.  What would you guys prefer?
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Re: SDSU Jackrabbit hitch cover design/cost

jackmd,

The first link you provided looks a little generic.
                    The second one looks a lot better.

Hope NDSU also gets some.

Comment

A local car dealer who happens to be a significant Jackrabbit supporter, has hitches made for his dealership. Very attractive, high quality, oval shaped with his dealership's name. I think I'm going to ask where he gets those.

Comment

What's the possiblity of getting one with a light in it. The one we currently have hooks into the wiring and is an additional running light and brake light. Have seen some of these with logos on them. My guess is that the light has to be red, as all that I have seen were red with a silhouette outline of the logo. That may be to close to coyote color, but may be worth checking into.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

No company has been chosen to produce the covers as far as I know. The websites I linked to are only as examples, no intention to order from them. All suggestions would be helpful especiall JackJD's friend who has some experience here. Find out what you can and I will forward the info to Kassie.

Comment

Found a place that will make custom hitch covers-NOT cheap for one piece ($75-150), but they sure look good imo-http://www.customhitchcovers.com/custom.htm

Here's another place that will do custom covers-http://bearplugs.netriver.net/shop.p...mp;category=25

Looks like the pewter ones (like jackmd's OK State picture) require a minimum order of 100 pieces :-/

Comment

jackmd,

I stopped into Varsity Mart (NDSU's bookstore) yesterday and found they had hitch covers (albeit plastic). They're from a company called Truck Tails made by DWD plastics out of Birmingham, AL. The cost at the bookstore was $18.50, so they might appeal to more people. Here's a link to a picture of an U of Iowa version-http://www.iowabook.com/iowhawhitcov.html

Comment

Working...
                              X