DI envy (probably a good thing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DI envy (probably a good thing)

After reading all the posts from concerned USD, UND, UNO, and even timid SDSU fans (hereon referred to as "you&quot, I thought it was time to give all of you your own subject under which to post. DI envy seems most appropriate, after all it is jealousy that underlies the feelings expressed by those oppossed to SDSU's move.

Sure, there are feeling of inadequacy and inferiority also, but you can't blame us (SDSU supporters) for that. As a former first lady once said:

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt 1884-1962, American First

So, post away. Some of us welcome your concern and hope that you keep SDSU in the forefront. I am certain it also helps you deal with the feelings of inadequacy, inferiority and envy that have resulted from the bad choices you have made thus far in your life. No worries, I anticipate you'll continue to make the same poor decisions in the future.

So, wish us luck if you have the respect and self-esteem to do so. If you don't, do what you have to do to protect your fragile ego. We're going to be here regardless.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: DI envy (probably a good thing)

Doc,

It good seeing you work with the sickly. Nicely done, I think you have helped some people today! ;D

Go State!

Comment

If this doesn't stir the pot then the they ney-sayers and the haters either don't care that much or don't have the balls to post.

I'm with you jackmd!

Comment

Good job Jackmd.  The Eleanor Roosvelt quote is very appropriate to our D1AA reclassifcation.  Eleanor sort of preceded me, but I guess I still remember her as the one of the first ambassadors to the United Nations.

Its amazing over on Bisonville, there are some UNO people putting SDSU down and they refer to South Dakota as a land of backward folks.  We at least know that milk comes from a cow and not from Bakers Supermarket.  Bakers is probably the leading grocery chain in Omaha.

Comment

Thought I would move this subject back to the top so that Big Jake could find it. I just wanted to be helpful.

Go State!

Comment

Bisonguy posted this on Bisonville.com. It kind of fits here.

feminine heroine or whatever other name you want to use,

If you're going to post advice for others, you should follow it yourself. (edited so it applies to you, via D2football.com):

Now that UNO has stayed in the abyss of D2 fb I would like to ask them to keep off this web site for us DI fans. I know they look up at DI as above them so why do I see comments on this site so often. Please go back to your Omaha trailer parks or whatever holes you crawled out of and find some DII web site to go to. Anybody who agrees with me please write your opinion. If you are from Omaha please go back to the trailer park.

Here's the original
            Quote:Now that NDSU/SDSU have left D2 for the abyss of D1aa fb I would like to ask them to keep off this web site for us D2 fans. I know they look down on D2 as beneath them so why do I see comments on this site so often. Please go back to your Dakota trailer parks or whatever holes you crawled out of and find some D1aa web site to go to. Anybody who agrees with me please write your opinion. If you are from the Fargo or Brookings please go back to the trailer park.

P.S. Feminine_Heroine is one of the many names (updm002, Big Fan, etc.) that Big Jake (from our board) uses.

Go State!

Comment

There is no doubt I have a lot of D1 envy. I envy those programs in the top 150 of D1. SDSU will be so far down the list (325?) that not only will I not envy them I will not even think of them. Prediction - Unlike UNC which didn't win one D1 game all year in 2003-4 I predict the sdsu will win 1 game next year and finish 7-22 with a bunch of wins over NSIC and NAIA teams.

Comment

Carrie (the person who possessed 7 different personalities) ... I mean bigjake ... for a guy who says he isn't going to spend much time thinking about SDSU ... well you seem to spend a lot of time on this board. You must think about us a lot.

Comment

You can stop thinking about us right now.  Please feel free to exit our little community if you so chose.  One of your Brothers, a cow called Maverick (could be you again, I am not sure) posted this on Bisonville:

here is a quote form Tom Kropp UNK basketball coach after losing to Metro in the regional final. Article appears at Omaha.com. " We have been in the top 20 of division 2 for the past five or six years. I think the top 20 of Division 2 could beat the lower third of Division 1 (326 teams)"

Since it is his source I will go with it.  That means that SDSU would beat 108.6 of the current D-I programs, since we have been in the top 20 for over 10 years now.  That is before we add scholarships to Basketball.  So I am inclined to think that we will do far better then our D-I friends at UNC who never fielded a top 10 D-II Basketball program.  

I know you went to UNO, so please re-read Doc's post at the top of this thread, and read it slow.  Good Luck to UNO, you know I won't be giving you much thought either.  The difference is I won't be going to your board (if you have one) to tell you that I won't be giving you much thought.  That is because there is no such thing as D-II envy.  Think about it.  :-/

Go State!

Comment

For Maverick and Bigjake regarding their slam of Brookings.  Omaha is worse then the "armpit" of the midwest.  It rivals the worst places on earth.

Interesting to see one of our colleagues/peers at the DI school in Omaha and his opinions about the city. He doesn't metion the subordinates at the lower level schools (i.e. DIII, NAIA, and DII).  

http://press.creighton.edu/050203/omahell.html

I also posted a picture of Maverick right before he posts each evening.

Maverick/Bigjake photo (yes, thats his real hair).
                    http://www.syn9.com/modules/partying...6/DSC00254.jpg
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am so mad I was almost going to quit going on this sight bc of the cheap shots hurled at me. In the spirit of Lent I wish you people would be a little more Christian to me. Hey, I am not the one who is accused of beating up my spouse and I am not the one who absolutely embarrassed MOO U. when Reverand Rich Glas was just trying to be charitable to Mr. Jones.
                      I am not sure what you refer to regarding the d2.com. I have all this envy as you can tell and that is why I am on your site. The question is why you are on a lowly d2 site.
                      By the way you need to revamp your nickname -Jackrabbits. Rabbits are cowards who are always running away from things. You need to be the Bulls or something a little more assertive than a weak, lowly rabbit.

Comment

I think Jackrabbit 1979 said it best "big jake, you just don't get it" We must all understand that this guy is arguing just for the sake of agruing. Where I work we diagnose this as Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Personally, I like our nickname. We all know that you don't support SDSU and their move to D1, you hate Dr. Oien, and you think you are better/smarter than everyone else (narcisistic--excessive interest in one's own importance, abilities, etc.) Good bye big jake. Just go away.

Comment

Please just go away! Your attempts at humor by calling SDSU alum "hillbillies" and painting us as a bunch of unsophisticates got old real fast. Your pokes at SDSU also didn't get any funnier when you recycled them time and time again. The real irony is that the content of your posts and the thought (or lack thereof) that went into them suggest that you, rather than us South Dakota hillbillies, need to get out of the trailerpark and visit a library every now and then. Indeed, when comparing your posts with the many well-crafted posts of my Jackrabbit brethren, it looks like you got the short end of the stick somewhere in your education.

If you don't get the picture Mav/Fem/Jake/etc., here's a subtle hint: it's a little tough to assert your superiority and paint someone else as backwards and unsophisticated when you use remarks and generalizations normally attributable to a twelve-year-old to get your point across. In other words, your credibility here is zero. So, to paraphrase Rabbitlivinginverm -- you've made your opinions known, your task here is finished, now please find your way to the door . . .

Comment

In Minneapolis we are afraid of losing our Twins and Vikings and becoming a cold Omaha! I started to thinking about the sports scene in Omaha and how our UNO friends continue to rant about how great Omaha is and the reason why they don't draw is the vast number of things to do in Omaha. They do have Professional sports you know: Baseball-Omaha Royals Indoor Football-Omaha Beef and USHL Hockey across the river in Council Bluffs-River City Lancers. I don't think Omaha competes well with other regional cities like Lincoln,Sioux City,Des Moines,Fargo and Sioux Falls. I believe Sioux Falls is one of the best supporters of minor league sports in the country with the Canaries (Baseball),Skyforce (Basketball),Stampede(Hockey),Storm(Indoor Football), and Spitfire (Soccer). The only thing I envy about Omaha is the College World Series which they do a nice job with. Unless the Kansas City Omaha Kings moves back I don't see Omaha any different than the cities listed above.

Comment

I see our friends : from UNO are back. Because they are not the brightest, I thought I would move their section back to the top of the board.

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                              X