Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestlers spank Portland State

http://goviks.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=2614
    A triple overtime victory by freshman 197-pounder Keena Washington was the bright spot in a Portland State loss to South Dakota State Friday evening at the Stott Center.

South Dakota State 38, Portland State 3
    141 Derek Priner (SDSU) major dec. Greg Einerson (PSU), 10-2
    149 Dan Bonte (SDSU) pinned Joe Vanaman (PSU) , 4:22
    157 Andy Everson (SDSU) major dec. Steven Dailey (PSU), 10-0 (3:30)
    165 Ryan Meyer (SDSU) dec. Dale Seley (PSU) , 10-5 (3:20)
    174 Nate Althoff (SDSU) dec. Brian Lemmon (PSU) , 6-3 (4:22)
    184 Tyler Sorenson (SDSU) tech. fall Jake Schneider (PSU), 17-1
    197 Keena Washington (PSU) dec. Travis Gottschalk (SDSU), 6-5 (3OT)
    285 Jason Stripling (SDSU) pinned Zack Smith (PSU), 4:37
    125 Marcus Waters (SDSU) dec. Brad Caldwell (PSU), 14-13
    133 Alan Marvin (SDSU) major dec. Westley Moniz (PSU), 9-1 (4:57)

Re: Wrestlers spank Portland State

Way to go Jacks! Glad to see Andy Everson back in the lineup. And how about Travis Gottschalk. Here's a young man who came as a walkon and had worked exceptionally hard to make the team. He got pushed out of the lineup by a better freshman, but as a senior and a leader he has hung around and has been wrestling up two weights because we don't have a 197 pounder (Travis is a 174 wrestler). At Portland State, he lost 6-5 in three overtimes to a their 197 pounder. What a warrior Travis is!

Are there any other wrestling fans on the board??? If so, let's get more active. Congrats to thebluehatman for reporting the win!

Comment

I'm not a huge wrestling fan, but I did attend the UVSC match, and it was really fun. There were about 600 people there, and they were louder than any 600 people I've seen at a basketball game recently. We have a bunch of talented young wrestlers and Sorenson and Stripling are worth the price of admission all by themselves. Stripling is a beast and Sorenson is a risk-taker who has the skills to make up for his mistakes. Really fun. I encourage people who haven't been out to see wrestling in a while to come out. There are home duals on Feb 2 (Eastern Ill.) and 3 (Northern Colorado) and Feb. 17 (Northern Iowa) and 18 (NDSU). Very entertaining.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It's a shame NDSU is here on the 18th of Feb. Blue won't be there because it is the day of the Daytona 500...Let's reschedule it

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
          It's a shame NDSU is here on the 18th of Feb. Blue won't be there because it is the day of the Daytona 500...Let's reschedule it
          Get TiVo

Comment

Yeah, come on, your the big blue hatman for crying out loud. You dare to talk about students playing X-box games and yet you'd miss Jackrabbit athletic competition due to some hillbilly's driving in circles.

I'm very dissapointed.

Comment

Working...
            X