Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer Signs Eleven

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5697
    Eleven prep standouts signed national letters of intent Wednesday, indicating they will enroll at South Dakota State University and compete for the Jackrabbit women’s soccer program in the fall.

Signing during the February signing period, were:
    • Danielle Healy, forward, Edina, Minn.;
    • Kelli Herman, forward, Sioux City, Iowa;
    • JoLynn Janckila, defender, Appleton, Wis.;
    • Kaitlin Justice, midfielder, Omaha, Neb.;
    • Elizabeth Nagelhout, forward, Sioux Falls, S.D.;
    • Danielle Neuhalfen, midfielder, Lincoln, Neb.;
    • Kayla Perleberg, midfielder/forward, Burnsville, Minn.;
    • Emily Quigley, defender/forward, Lenexa, Kan.;
    • Brienna Rogers, goalkeeper, Wauwatosa, Wis.;
    • Tory Schiltgen, midfielder, Hugo, Minn.;
    • Betsy Yungbauer, defender; Woodbury, Minn.;

“This group will be the largest incoming recruiting class since 2001 and one of our best. We have a great mix of recruits that will either immediately challenge for playing time or provide much needed depth at every position on the field,” said SDSU head coach Lang Wedemeyer, who guided the Jackrabbits to a 8-9-3 record and their first conference championship this past fall.

In addition, Lexy Drayton of Burnsville, Minn., has been accepted for admission at SDSU and will compete for the Jackrabbit soccer program in the fall. Drayton was a first-team all-conference selection last season at Burnsville High School. A two-time letterwinner, Drayton played club ball for the Bangu-Tsunami where she was team captain. Drayton, an honor roll selection, was also a three-year letterwinner in badminton at Burnsville.
    Not bad depth is definately needed on this team. They lost a few good seniors this last year.

Re: Soccer Signs Eleven

http://www.newswaverly.com/site/tab9...6345&rfi=6
    South Dakota State University didn't waste anytime claiming Waverly Senior Dani Neuhalfen for their women's soccer team next year.
    Last Wednesday was National Signing Day; the first day colleges can recruit athletes.
    Press cameras, school administrators, coaches, and Morgan, the younger sister taking pictures, gathered around Neuhalfen and her parents, Donnie and Kim Neuhalfen in the Waverly High School Media Center as they signed a letter of intent with South Dakota State University.
    "I thought soccer would give me the best opportunity to play sports in college," Neuhalfen said.
    "It was a tough choice between soccer and basketball. I will really miss basketball, but I'm excited to have the opportunity to play college soccer."
    This year marks her fourth and final year as a Waverly High School soccer player. She will play center and defense. Neuhalfen has also been a leader for the Waverly girls basketball team and volleyball team duirng the past four years.
    Joel Fritz, the Waverly girls soccer team head coach, looked over Neuhalfen's shoulder as she signed the letter of intent last Wednesday. Fritz has been her soccer coach for the past three years.
    "I knew she couldn't quit playing sports after high school because she enjoys it so much. It's an exciting opportunity for her," Fritz said.
          "It's a nice campus, not too big, and it has a good pharmacy program," she said. Neuhalfen plans to major in Pharmacy.

Comment

Re: Soccer Signs Eleven

Video from Coach Wedemeyer on his recruits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3-FK...ed&search=

Go State!

Comment

Working...
      X