4:00 NDSU vs UND SDSU Ct 2
    4:00 Crookston vs Moorhead ST USF Ct 1
    5:00 SDSU vs USD NDSU Ct 1
    5:00 Northern State vs USF UND Ct 2

Crossover

Pool play will be 2 games to 30
    The Crossover matches will be best 2 out of 3 to 30; 3rd game to 15
    No Caps on any matches
    *Matches will be played at a ready-pace to keep the day flowing smoothly; and may start earlier than listed above.

Re: Spring VB tourney 31st

Thoughts and tidbits from the tourney. There were quite a few of the future Jackrabbits that have either signed or committed at the tourney.

SDSU vs Moorhead State 2-0 Win
    Thoughts:
    Mackenzie Angner played dominate and is looking great this spring, despite a sprained left wrist(she hits left). Amy and Tina played good and looked in regular season form. Diedra played well. They looked a little sloppy.

SDSU vs UND 1-1 Split
    Thoughts:
    Sloppy play, bad reaction time led the way to defeat. It looked like a slow motion trainwreck to me. Down 6 at one point then tied it up and then up by 3 and then tied again to lose. UND played decent against us.

SDSU vs USF 2-0 Win
    Thoughts:
    Angner continued to impress. We attacked well down the line and blocked their big hitters. Errors and mistakes dominated the first two games the 3rd game was more about killing everything thrown our way. Unfortunately we faded late. Rooney played awesome. All of our younguns played well and got quite a bit of experience this game.

SDSU vs USD 2-0 Win
    Slow start. Big plays came up big when needed. But there were a few hitting errors that almost cost us the match. Exclamation point had to be Tina killing it in a former teammates face. We dug a hole midmatch but came out of it. USD looked like they had no set plays. We came back from 19-26 to will 30-27, big clutch performance. Started game 2 like game 1 14-5 at one point. Communication got better as the day went on. Hustle and passion showed up on the girls face at the end. But they had a weak finish.

Comment

Re: Spring VB tourney 31st

Hell, I'll added my thoughts on how NDSU played this weekend too.

NDSU vs. Crookston 2-0 Win
      Thoughts:
      Kelly Lopez moves pretty good for a big girl, always moving but not much of a lateral or vertical type of player.
      Christy Stuewe stuck out in my mind in this game.

NDSU vs USD 1-1 Split
      Thoughts:
      Lopez continued to impress me. Whereas no one impressed me on USD. NDSU up 7-0 in game 2 where USD came back, they looked tired with some lacking composure.

NDSU vs Northern 1-1 Split
      Thoughts
      1st game Northern put NDSU in a chokehold. Errors and lack of energy troubled NDSU in the first game. BIG Lopez again, she can finess the ball. I like her. Northern had an amazing first game. NDSU slumped both games and could not effectively kill the rally. Somehow they came back for the win.

NDSU vs UND 2-0 Win
      Lopez, Stuewe and Kristen Hillie continued to impress me. Big holes in UND's defensive fronts. NDSU found the weak spots and struck em. Hot start hot finish for the bison. UND struggled badly.

Comment

Working...
      X