• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestling Recruit

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007...1_355_8_07.txt

see article
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Wrestling Recruit

Thanks for posting the story. Had not heard about Heisinger's signing. Look forward to seeing him on the mat next year. Eighth in the California state tournament is not bad, and with the coaching he will get at SDSU, he could be successful!

Comment

Nice story, but why is this in the baseball section?

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack
        Nice story, but why is this in the baseball section?

Go State!!! 8-) 8-) 8-)

I meant to click on the thread below for other SDSU athletics. Moderators...feel free to move this.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Not to be critical, but not many of you seem to know much about wrestling, I could be wrong, just saying. I come from Harrisburg High where Wrestling is bigger than Basketball, and well 8th in the California State Tourney is fantastic. A much more difficult task than winning a state title in South Dakota. California runs their wrestling tournament like March Madness. Top 64 wrestlers in a weight class, once you lose, you are done, until they get to the top 8. To recieve 8th in the California State Wrestling Tourney is a very impressive accomplishment, should be an excellent recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
            Not to be critical, but not many of you seem to know much about wrestling, I could be wrong, just saying.  I come from Harrisburg High where Wrestling is bigger than Basketball, and well 8th in the California State Tourney is fantastic.  A much more difficult task than winning a state title in South Dakota.  California runs their wrestling tournament like March Madness.  Top 64 wrestlers in a weight class, once you lose, you are done, until they get to the top 8.  To recieve 8th in the California State Wrestling Tourney is a very impressive accomplishment, should be an excellent recruit.
            Don't forget to mention California has only one class in high school wrestling...that makes it the most impressive if you ask me.

Comment

It been a few years since I lived in Southern California, but except for the remote areas in the Mohave Desert, there are very few small schools in terms enrollments, wrestling programs or other sports for that matter. They probably dont have any thing similar to Kingsbury County which is a coop between Arlington, Lake Preston and Desmet and other coops across SD. The point is any recruit coming out of Southern California knows what it is to compete. I think since California is part of the western alliance for out of state tuition rates, SDSU could probably find  many good athletes such as the athlete we have recruited in wrestling. There are no doubt a ton of South Dakota connections, since people have been leaving since the dirty thirties. Often this out migration has included SDSU alums.  

Good luck Jake at SDSU. Don't let the winters get you down.

Comment

Working...
              X