Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDGA Match Play Article

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...707120332/1002

Even though this article doesn't directly have anything to do with SDSU athletics.  Matt Einsphar, a Brookings resident, two-time champion of this event and HUGE Jacks supporter is quoted.

On other notes, the SDSU men's golf team has at least 3 entrants that could win this tournament this weekend.  Also, the defending two-time champion of this tournament that turned pro this summer, Chris Collins has a younger brother, Lance Collins that has committed to play for the Jacks this fall.  I hear he is twenty yards longer on average than his brother.  
    I "hear" this from Coach Baszler and backed up by Chris!!

Play well fellas!!

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: SDGA Match Play Article

Ryan Trasmar and James Green both SDSU men's golfers, are in the final 4 of the SDGA state match play tournament.  Green beat Ryan Jansa 1 up, with a birdie on 18 this morning.  Green is playing Tom Carlson from the University of New Mexico/Sioux Falls and Trasmar is playing Michael Martin, formally of Belmont College in Tennessee/Brookings native.

It could be an all SDSU final, which would be tomorrow morning for 36 more holes!! ;D

I'll keep the board posted as soon as I find out.

By the way....this is HUGE for the SDSU Men's golf program.

Go Jacks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by propar80
      Ryan Trasmar and James Green both SDSU men's golfers, are in the final 4 of the SDGA state match play tournament.  Green beat Ryan Jansa 1 up, with a birdie on 18 this morning.  Green is playing Tom Carlson from the University of New Mexico/Sioux Falls and Trasmar is playing Michael Martin, formally of Belmont College in Tennessee/Brookings native.

It could be an all SDSU final, which would be tomorrow morning for 36 more holes!! ;D

I'll keep the board posted as soon as I find out.

By the way....this is HUGE for the SDSU Men's golf program.

Go Jacks!!!!
      Agreed, I was hoping Brian Bye (Gayville, SD) might get by Carlson but he fell a little short. Brian played golf at USD last year but he is transferring to SDSU this year. I think he wants a shot to golf for the Jackrabbits and I hope he gets one. Brian won the club championship at Hillcrest in Yankton last weekend and would be a great addition to the SDSU team. His family has always supported SDSU. He chose USD because they really needed him, I think he realized the error in his ways early on and now wants to get to the right place, SDSU. I think its time to start getting excited about DI golf at SDSU, what a great opportunity for South Dakota and regional kids who want to stay near home.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Green lost to Tom Carlson 5 & 4. Trasmar was beaten by Martin in the second extra hole. Great tournament for the Jacks golf team. It's great to see all of them out there making sure they are playing the best possible competition, which will get them ready for the upcoming golf season.

Great Tournament Ryan and James!!

Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Working...
        X