Softball this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softball this week

Not that many people pay attention to softball but they split with the U of M yesturday 4-0 won in the first game, and lost 0-2 in the second on a no hitter.

They split today against Augie 2-0 and 0-6 at the softball complex today.

Next up the independent tourney in Atlanta Friday through Sunday.

The team is 13-28 on the year.

Re: Softball this week

Good luck to the lady Jacks.
    DI Independent Tourny starts today.
    Jacks play Kennesaw State at 2pm and NDSU at 6pm.
    It would be sweet if the Jacks could take some teams by surprise.

Comment

Jacks win 1st game of DH with DSU 9-2. Go Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
        Jacks win 1st game of DH with DSU 9-2. Go Jacks.
        They won the 2nd game as well but I'm not sure of the score.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
          [quote author=1bunnies link=1177558253/0#2 date=1178056807]Jacks win 1st game of DH with DSU 9-2. Go Jacks.
          They won the 2nd game as well but I'm not sure of the score.[/quote]

The Jacks won game two 8-0.

Go State!

Comment

The ladies have taken an early 2-0 lead after 1 inning versus St.Cloud State. They are only playing 1 game today. Stay hot Jacks and end the season in style.

Comment

Jacks lead 4-1 after 5 innings.

Comment

Final socre: Jacks 6 SCSU 3. Nice way to end the season with a 3 game win streak. We are young and the future looks bright.

Comment

Shane Bouman was let go as Coach of the Jacks fastpitch team today. This is not a rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                    Shane Bouman was let go as Coach of the Jacks fastpitch team today. This is not a rumor.
                    I spoke to a family member of Shane's who verified that Shane's contract was not re-newed.
                    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Why, with all of the other problems and priorities going on right now, would you let Bouman go?

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher
                        Why, with all of the other problems and priorities going on right now, would you let Bouman go?
                        I have for a long time been a big fan of the Bouman family, even Shane's parents. I recall Shane as pretty decent QB under Coach Daly. Also Bouman and his brothers played softball all summer long. So in my mind Shane was very qualified to be the softball coach at SDSU. As best I can tell, Shane was making progress, but apparently that is not the case.

Its hard to get the real dope here as its a personnel matter and the admin is not likely to go public for fear of subsequent civil action and probably other personnel policies in place at SDSU. I wish Shane the best in the future.

Comment

I'd say a 17-32 record doesn't help an SDSU coach (who doesn't have conference championships and NCAA appearances on his resume) retain job security in Brookings.

I had heard some rumblings a long time ago (maybe last summer?) from some fans about Bouman's coaching style being an issue, but nothing more than over-a-beer type talk.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium issue played a role.......Coach Bouman was on the record for being quite displeased with the whole mater.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                              I wouldn't be surprised if the stadium issue played a role.......Coach Bouman was on the record for being quite displeased with the whole mater.
                              I have heard that the stadium was a part of it also. He was having trouble retaining players also. Quite a number of fastpitch players have left the team the last several years.

Comment

Working...
                              X