MEDIA DAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEDIA DAY

Does anyone know when the NCC Media Day for Basketball is being held. I'm thinking this week as there are games beginning next week.

Re: MEDIA DAY

I have no idea and in fact did not know there was one for basketball. Of course since I am clueless, that does not mean there have not been such events in the past. Maybe they have been kind of quiet, I know there are media polls and coaches polls, which as you pointed out should be out considering the early start of seasons for some members.

Comment

I'm going to take a feeble, premature attempt at predicting the NCC race before the Media weigh in on their predictions. My conference winner has to be SDSU as they are loaded with talent and experience. As long as they can stay healthy they should win the conference, host the Wells Fargo tournament and advance to the regional tournament. With the Jacks and USD you kind of know what your getting as they return a lot of players with NCC experience. A majority of other schools have relied on bringing in Junior College and DI transfers to bolster their lineups and there is a relative unknown what those players are capable of. I know USD is being touted as one of the best teams in our regions, but I just don't see them finishing on top. They have very good guards but lack a dominating big man. I think SDSU will be challenged by UND,USD and UNO. I think St. Cloud is going to be down and I think of the bottom teams that Mn. State has the most potential to surprise. With Denver finally leaving NDSU they lack a consistent proven scorer, they bring a lot of new faces and who knows what they are capable of. Augie with a new coach and questionable chemistry will most likely struggle again. With all that said and while I think SDSU is clearly the best of the pack although I think as usual anyone is capable of beating anyone on a given night and winning on the road will be difficult t best.No more long trips to UNC and no patsys in this group. Therefore this is my prediction:

1) SDSU
      2) UND
      3) USD
      4) UNO
      5) St. Cloud
      6) Mn State
      7) NDSU
      8) Augie

I have probably underestimated the talent at UNO as I wouldn't be surprised if they finish higher.

Comment

Yes its hard to predict the "THUG" factor that describes UNO. I like your predictions.. they are pretty close. Minnesota St. will be a great team, maybe not this year but soon. with that coaching staff I could see them being the new NCC powerhouse. USD? who knows? they melted down pretty good last year down the strech, that happens a lot to them. I share your optimism about SDSU This is the year, last in D2, We need to go out as national champions !!
        GO SDSU

Comment

Has anyone on campus had an opportunity to see the teams practicing and gauge how they look. I will give a report from Orlando next week!

Comment

That is sooooo cool that you are going! 8) I wish I could, but I am saving my $$$ for a trip to CA, BABY! It is hard to believe that Basketball season is only a week away. I will listen to the game, but it will be great to hear from someone who is at the games.

Comment

Working...
            X