2004 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Season

Well, Our showing at the Disney Classic has only poured gasoline on already high expectations for this year. Those three opponets are always at the top of the national polls year in and out, and to whack them all effortlessly by 15 points is amazing! Undefeated seasons are so so so hard to achieve because of the number of games, and we do have some tough ones.
    Looking ahead UMD on the 21st is one to be careful of, and a great test will come on the 3rd of January at Houghton MI. againts Mich Tech (who lost to the Michigan Wolverines by 11 on Saturday)
    Then the NCC starts, The road trip to ND is always tough (both games) and the trip to USD at the end will also be a challenge.
    A conference championship, a National Championship, and a 30+ win season should be well within the Jacks grasp this year. I cant wait to see them at the Thanksgiving Clasic at Frost against Tampa U.
    It's a great time to be a Jackrabbit ! ;D

Go SDSU

Re: 2004 Season

I think without question that Michigan Tech will be our stiffest test in the pre-season schedule. They are big and strong and we were fortunate to beat them at Frost last year. Concordia is always tough in their home gym. We beat them two year ago there and at Frost in the waning seconds. That was the game Schantz got hurt. Concordia hung with University of Minnesota in the first half last week and than got blown out in the second half. Looking forward to playing Southwest and UMD in Mankato next week. Cervaney should be recovered from his ankle sprain.

Comment

Anyone else making the trek to Mankato for games against UMD and Southwest? I'm also anxious for the Thanksgiving tournament which will give us an opportunity to see the much heralded and vastly overated USD team.

Comment

Can't make Mankato, but I will be at the Thanksgiving Classic.

Go State!

Comment

Has anyone heard what the Jacks are planning to do with their four freshman. The Loney kid stayed back in Brookings for the Disney Tournament..The other three Green,Wenig and Beran all played and contributed. I'm sure they would love to redshirt but the added depth is nice especially the big guys. I'm curious if they do not redshirt them who will make the travel team as they appear to have a numbers problem. Some of the upperclassmen may be left off the travel team. I don't think the freshman would be left on the active team if they were not going to play. They have to be clearly be better than the alternatives. Lot of speculation about whether Cervaney can stay healthy.

Comment

Working...
          X