Long B-Ball season for North Dakotans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long B-Ball season for North Dakotans

Looks like it is going to be a long winter for our friends up North. The Bison took one on the chin at Norhtern State, and UND got spanked by the University of Mary. They lost by 32 points! ??? :-[ :'(

http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/...ELEASE_ID=2398

Go SDSU!

Re: Long B-Ball season for North Dakotans

I'm not as surprised at the Bison losing at Northern as the Sioux getting taken apart by U. of Mary. Was the game at Mary? Maybe the Sioux had some players out. I look for the Jacks to win both men's and women's titles this year, with so many experienced red-shirts back.

Comment

Northern at home can be a tough game, but UND getting beat by Mary?? 32points?? Are the Sioux rebuilding or something??

Even though both of those schools are off to a rocky start, when we go to play them up there it will be a war-It is every year despite the records.

Comment

I agree, Northern is a tough place to play, and usually has a good team.  If you don't bring your "A" game to Aberdeen you are going to lose.  Losing to Mary (and BIG) that is a whole different issue.  They are NAIA.  To be honest I am not sure if UND is rebuilding, and I am not sure why they played the game in Bismark.  UND is picked #5 in the NCC by the Media.

Who know, maybe the Sioux's Admin. knew what they were doing when they said they didn't want to move up to D-I.    What with NDSU and us leaving the NCC maybe their Ad wanted to check out the compition, can anyone say the Dak 11.  Although with that performance they might not get an invite.  

Go SDSU!

Comment

Took a quick spin over to the Sioux board. They knew that it might be a tough season, but the loss to Bemidji State, combined with the abomination that is the BIG loss to Mary has the Sioux fans, dare I say it. . .on the war path. They are calling for Rich's head. They even got a sympathy message from a Bison (I think it was heartfelt) and you know they can't like that. The Sioux fans on the other hand are very worried because they play at Minot State this weekend and could lose another to a DAC 10 team.

Its a long time until we travel to Grand Forks, who know what kind of team we will face. They may get it together before we get there, they may have packed it in already. We will have to wait and see.

Go State!

Comment

UND underneath has had problems since McDermott left maybe about 1992. McDermott was Glas assistant and this goes back to the days of Jim Thorson and Chris White. McDermott went to Wayne State, turned that program around and then on to NDSU and on to UNI. In my humble opinion McDermott is a great coach, and Glas is not.

In other words Mc Dermott made Glas look better as a coach than maybe he was. Jerome Beasley also gave Glas another two years of camoflague and now poor Rich is fully exposed with a roster that gets kicked hard by an NAIA team.

I would say without a doubt this is a rebuilding year. They dont seem to have found those solid Juco's that they found in the past either. Maybe that eligibilty scandal with the one CBA player had something to do with that. I have already forgotten the name. Help me out here.

Bismark-Mandan seems to be a alumni battle ground in ND. Both UND and NDSU have a great followings and playing in Bismark is sort of like SDSU playing in Rapid City.

Plus they have a great facility in Bismarck I believe.

Comment

Working...
            X