WNAX ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WNAX ?

Is anyone else having a problem connecting to the WNAX online broadcast. My computer wont connect to the server.

Re: WNAX ?

I have the game. We are up by 5.

Comment

Ive had touble with this the past two weeks, It must be my computer. Ill check in perodically to get an update

Comment

We are up by 17 now. Starting to walk away with it. Everyone is getting to play! ;D The Rams where supposed to be pretty good.

Go State!

Comment

At the half SDSU 53 Philly U 38! Jones is on fire two dunks and 14 points. Joe Green is having a nice first game 8 points.

Go Jacks, beat the Rams!

Comment

Texas, I hope you have fixed your comp. issue becasue I need to leave for a little bit, won't have any updates for you for awhile.

Go Blue!

Comment

89rabbit,
              thanks for the updates, I'm still not able to hook up, we sound good. Joe Green is apparently not red shirting. and Philly has always been good, lets not let down in the second half ! Thanks again for the updates.
              Texas

Comment

I'm back, I think you can play in a certain number of games and still red shirt.  Not sure of the rule.  All the IA freshmen have played, my understanding is that we have 15 guys dressed and everyone is playing except Cerveny (mild ankle sprain will play Sunday, may play tomorrow).  4 min. left SDSU 90 Philly U 75!  

Go State Go State!

Comment

Wow talk about depth. We have it. Even with Knobby (Cerveny)spraining his ankle, we did not need him tonight. It was scary with Schantz going down, but apparently he was okay. It could be a great year if we can stay healthy. The freshman are really making a great debut.

Did you hear Nagy yelling?

Comment

final 97-82 matt Jones 26 pts and Moeller 25. Does that mean we would had 51 points missing every game last year?

Comment

Yes-Thats probably more true than you think !

Comment

I was not able to hear the broadcast of the Pepsi Tip off games as I was at the game, but did hear Stoebner on the postgame. While from what I heard I don't think Chris has a future in broadcasting I would like to see the addition of a sidekick preferrably former Jack player alongside Steve Imming. I think this would enhance the broadcast. It would also be nice to have player interviews. Does Nagy ban this? I have said before I think the Jacks have had some great play by play people with Norm Hilson and now Steve Imming. I have said before that I think Jerry Oster is horrible on the football broadcasts. He adds nothing to the analysis and has that disturbing laugh and always seems to agree with the officals even when the Jack apparently got robbed and Imming has pointed it out. I think as we move to D1 the Jacks should demand that WNAX enhance their coverage of the teams. Anybody else have thoughts on this topic. I know I have talked to other people who agree with me on Oster. I thinks he oversees the Sports Dept at WNAX and most likely is not going to fire himself.

Comment

I agree that Oster isn't the right man for the job. He has a certain smugness about him that rubs me the wrong way. Stoebner was not good, but I will cut him some slack. He sounded scared. He also sounded like he was sitting back from the microphone. I have done radio, it is intimidating the first time you do it. Especially as the color guy. You need to jump in strong when the moment is right or the play by play guy can run all over you. You also don't want to interupt the flow of the broadcast. It is a tough job. Perhaps he could get better given some time, then again maybe he won't. Its kind of like the first time a kid steps on the court.

Comment

Jackguy,
                            I've had quite a few problems connecting to the broadcasts this fall(I think because of my own computer system) but I talked to the station mgr. at WNAX about this. I wish I had his name,but I don't. The conversation led to the broadcasters. We discussed Steve Imming mostly, and our mutual admiration of the way he calls the games. The mgr. agreed, and has said that Steve gets high praise consistantly from listeners. Oster was'nt discussed, but I agree he's not great. I was told there is a younger guy coming up to learn and work with Steve. again I dont have a name, but the manager called him a "young Steve Imming" and he had the highest praise for him.
                            I would love to see player interviews, post/pre game. I wouldnt be all that surprised if Coach nixes this. Nagy controlls his teams strictly(thats why we win 25+ games/yr.) but interviews would be cool.
                            I also think you will see some upgrades in broadcasts when were D1. WNAX does a really good job though.

Comment

Thank you I think smugness is an accurate description of his demeanor on the radio. It would be nice to have some insight from someone who has been in trenches and can compliment Imming.

Comment

Working...
                              X