Si Tanka

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Si Tanka

Can anyone tell me anthing about this team? Went to their web site and clicked on Men's Basketball, all it said was info was coming soon. Not to worried about this Dac 10 team, just wanted to see their starting line up, last years record, if this is their first game, you know the usual stuff.

Go Jacks, beat the Eagles (I think)! ;D

Re: Si Tanka

I think this the old "Huron College" but I'm not positive about that. I know nothing about them other than the fact that they will go back to Huron tonight thinking about a 50 point loss. ;D ;D
    Go SDSU !!

Comment

Texas,

I think you are right about the score, and yes Si Tanka is the old Huron College.

Go State!

Comment

As the austistic character in Rainman played by Dustin Hoffman would say" Its definitely Huron College. It definitely Huron College And you can't have pancakes until the maple syrup is on the table."

Seriously Si Tanka is a tribal name. I am not sure which Reservations the college is now connected to. I dont have any idea on what kind of a team them have either.

Jacks should win this one. ;D

Comment

I got WNAX tuned in (on the computer), my son's in bed and my wife is teaching a class (scrapbooking). I am ready for some Monday Night Basketball!

Go Jackrabbits!

Comment

Ditto (except for the son and the wife part). Got some burgers on the grill.

I'm pretty psyched about seeing the Jacks live this weekend and also next weekend against Northern.

For a chuckle, wander over to siouxsports.com. Woe are the Sue . . .
            http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1592
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Si Tanka has a 7' 3" center that is big.

Comment

At the Half SDSU 49 Si Tanka 37. 11 of the 12 Jacks who have played have scored. Jake Wenig is on fire.

Go State!

Comment

98-81, Jacks Win!
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Final Score SDSU 98  Si Tanka 81.  The Scraming Eagles did a nice job of hanging around.  The Jacks played 14 players and 13 scored for State! Joe Green leads the way with 19.  Can't wait to see the rabbits in person this weekend!  6-0 baby!   ;D  

Go State!

Comment

Si Tanka can take a moral victory for only losing by 17. I think only a handful of teams will do better against the JACKS.

SDSU RULES !!

Comment

Nagy didn't seem pleased at all with the majority of his teams effort. There guards were running wild. We better bring a better effort against Bemedji and Tampa or we could get knocked off. Need to keep the intensity.

Comment

Here is the Argus Story:

http://www.argusleader.com/sports/Tuesdayfeature.shtml

SDSU men top Huron

From Staff & Wire Reports

published: 11/25/2003

Joe Green's big night leads Jacks

Joe Green scored 19 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead South Dakota State University past Si Tanka Huron 98-81 on Monday in Brookings.

Jake Wenig added 15 points for SDSU (6-0) and Derrick Schantz, Andy Moeller and Marquise Richardson scored 10 points each.

The Jackrabbits led 49-37 at halftime and had a 45-31 edge in rebounding.

Huron's Lorenzo Trudo led all scorers with 22 points. Alvin Antonio added 18 points, Andrew Dominic 14 and Martin DeBoer 10.

Huron (4-3) shot 50 percent for the game in field goals to 45 percent for SDSU.

SDSU will host the Jackrabbit Thanksgiving Classic Friday and Saturday. Friday's schedule has USD facing Tampa at 6 p.m. with SDSU taking on Bemidji State at 8 p.m. Saturday, USD faces Bemidji at 6 p.m. and SDSU takes on Tampa at 8 p.m.

Comment

I gave my season ticket for this game away being I could not travel during the week.  It looks like the Jacks were challenged at times. I did not tune in the internet either.  It  looks as though it was a closer game than I imagined. Thanks for posting comments and stories on Si Lanka game guys.

Comment

This is a bad excuse for winning by "just" 17, but I'm sure our players had a hard time getting up for this game. Coach Nagy probably has a right to be ticked off at the effort. SDSU will take more seriously the likes of Bemidji and Tampa even though we should blow them out of Frost as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X