CLOSE GAMES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLOSE GAMES

I have always been of the opionion that a team needs to have a couple of come from behind, or OT games to build some character. I like to know that when a game is coming down to the wire that our players have seen it all before and are comfortable with the situation. I'm not so sure that this team will have many tight games. I would like to see a couple before we get to March. Whats everyones else thoughts on this??
    What a great problem to discuss!!
    GO SDSU

Re: CLOSE GAMES

I agree with you. However, this team has a lot of seasoned veterans who have been there before and tested in close games. I think we will get tough games out of Winona at home and Michigan Tech on the road before the conference season starts. It's scary to think we have not played a great game yet. Nagy continues to stress in the post-game interviews that this team still feels like they can play much better. Good sign that we played smart against Presentation.

Comment

Re: CLOSE GAMES

With out a question, the reason Coach Nagy has been sucessful is because, he is never satisfied completely with the team performance. As many of you have pointed out, this quality seems to be lacking our football program.

The USD game is really going to be interesting. Michigan Tech and Winona will also be big tests and lets see what happens. This is one team I do not have any worries about. We got the depth and seem to have people responding when one player or players are not up to snuff. Coaches dream of having a team like this.

With Nagy's pace of playing both ways at an intense pace, most of the guys should feel relieved that they are not on the court 40 minutes.

It will be interesting to see if a zone defense is used any more this year.

Comment

Working...
      X