Presentation College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presentation College

Should be a BIG win for the Jacks tonight! I won't have a chance to listen but I feel pretty good about our chances. ;D Although the Saints did make the NAIA playoffs last year and are 5-1, they just got hammered by SD Tech 77-41. They also don't have a player on their team that is taller then 6'4".

Presentation is a member of the UMAC (Upper Midwest Athletic Conf.) and is in the process of moving with the Conf. from NAIA to NCAA D-III.

http://www.presentation.edu/saints/m...x/mbbindex.htm

http://www.umacathletics.com/index.htm

Go Rabbits!

Re: Presentation College

Rabbit,
    I agree with you, I really didnt want to see this game on the schedule, but I guess its a revenue game that will draw around 2500. I doubt coach Nagy will do this, but I would like to see us start the end of the bench, and not play our horses (I am paranoid about injuries) I am viewing this team as a prized thouroughbred and I dont want anything to happen against a team like Presentation college.
    JACKS 106
    PC 61

Comment

I just went to the Presentation roster with the link rabbit provided. There are 3 guys from Houston, TX playing for PC?? :-/ Why would you go to PC all the way from Houston ??

Comment

For a free education, people will do just about any thing including leaving a warm winter climate in Houston for a frosty awaking in Aberdeen So Dak. Possibly this was the only offer other than a JUCo that they received.

I am sure between a pell and other assistance that is available, these three Houston guys are not having to fork up much. I sure they saw this as an opportunity that was not available from even the Texas Private schools.

Also consider the 5 or 6 from Kileen Texas on Bemidji's roster, they came to Bemidji for the same reason. Play basketball and get an education.

I think our recruiting at the D1 level will be much easier than what the average fan would think. I dont see us getting the real D1 blue chippers, but we should do better in certain places in Texas than we have before.

My guess is Presentation has a Texas connection, that helped in landing these three.

Comment

SDSU fan,
          Yes, Your right, I guess a free education is a free education. I dont mean to be disrecpectful of PC, but I didnt even know they had athletics. I need to do some homework on the college changes in my home state since I left. Usually when a school gets a bunch of guys from a far away place there is usually an ex coach or some connection. I saw the BSU/Killean TX. connection also. Who knows, PC may be USD's next interstate rival. ;D ;D

Comment

Looking at the roster for size and PC has only one or two guys that are 6-4 and everyone else is 6-2. SDSU should not have any problems on the boards. Unless these guys are real quick, I think its a horrible mismatch in which the Jacks should raise all seasonal stats.

If we get out boarded, the post game interview with Coach Nagy will be very interesting. ;D ;D ;D

If steam comes out of the monitor, its not your machine. ??? Only Coach Nagy letting off steam ;D

Comment

I hope with the move we are done scheduling NIAA teams. I can see a few solid DII teams in the next couple years, but I really hate seeing these teams on the schedule.

Comment

109-62. Moeller and Jones score two points between them.

Wowza.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Can you imagine a Nagy team playing zone? It happened tonight. The two Aberdeen teams are a tale of two cites. NSU game will be Frost filler in terms of attendence. I am looking forward to this game.

Comment

If yall' look at the earlier post, I "almost" predicted the score, I am going to take my new found prophetic powers and say that the NSU wolves go down in Frost in front of 8,000 on Friday night.  
                    SDSU 95
                    NSU 79

Comment

Texas Jack

Good going!!You win the pool. I forgot to put my five bucks in so you can't collect from me now can you. ;D

Good picking I do think the Northern Game will be closer. Maybe 88-77.

Comment

Here is the Argus story, not much to say. A good old fashioned money game for PC. I agree with you all, I think our days of playing NAIA schools are just about over (next year we may see one or two but after that no more). NCAA D-II programs like Northern, Augie, and the like will take their place. Sounds like a lot of people got to play, we tried some new things and no one got hurt (Cerveny with 11 after watching him play this weekend I didn't think he was ready to play the kind of minutes it takes to be in double figures). We couldn't have asked for a better game.

Six players in double figures as Jackrabbits improve to 9-0

Derrick Schantz led six players in double figures as South Dakota State defeated Presentation College 109-62 Wednesday evening at Frost Arena in Brookings. Schantz scored 17 points, Joe Green and Jake Wenig added 14 each, and Josh Cerveny, Ben Beran and Jared DeJong each had 11 points for the Jackrabbits (9-0). South Dakota State pulled out to a 54-32 halftime lead, and outscored the Saints 55-30 in the second half. Jason Lutz led Presentation (5-2) with 13 points while Tyler Wenbourne had 11 and Marcus Robinson chipped in 10.

Go State!

Comment

Here is a story from the Aberdeen paper.

Jacks defeat Saints

American News Sports Staff

BROOKINGS - South Dakota State utilized its size in the first half and sharp shooting in the second half to give Presentation College its second loss of the season.

The Jackrabbits improved to 9-0 and the Saints dropped to 5-2.

The South Dakota State men's basketball team picked up its 21st consecutive win in Frost Arena by a score of 109-62 over the Saints on Wednesday in non-conference action.

The Saints trailed by six points in the game's first eight minutes.

"We were hitting our shots," said Presentation head coach Randy Jordan. "Then, all of a sudden we went cold. They shot the ball real well and we didn't do a good job of keeping them off the boards. They're bigger and stronger than us and that's why they're 9-0."

The Jackrabbits shot 58 percent from the field in the second half and 56 percent for the game. The Saints managed just 30 percent from the field for the game.

South Dakota State took a 54-32 halftime lead and cracked the century mark for the second time this season. The Jackrabbits average 92 points a game.

Presentation College, which scored more than 100 points twice this season, came into the game averaging 91 points a game.

Six SDSU players scored in double figures led by senior Derrick Schantz with 17.

The Saints were paced by senior Jason Lutz with 13 points, junior Tyler Wenbourne with 11 and sophomore Marcus Robinson with 10.

The home team won the rebounding battle by a 53-30 margin but Jordan noted that Presentation only gave up three offensive rebounds in the second half.

Jordan was also pleased that the Saints turned the ball over just 10 times.

"I thought we took care of the ball well and got some decent looks on offense. That's the lowest number of turnovers we've had all season. They're much bigger and rebounded well in the first half and shot better in the second half," he said.

Eight players on Presentation's roster are from South Dakota and they got an opportunity to play on SDSU's court in front of more than 1,000 people.

"It was a good crowd and it was fun to play here," Jordan said. "The South Dakota boys liked to play on this floor. We tried to raise our level of play. These are the type (tall and strong) of teams we have to face in our conference. We did some good things."

The Saints travel to Mankato, Minn., to play Bethany Lutheran on Friday.

South Dakota State was ranked 15th in this week's NCAA Division II poll.

The Presentation squad received honorable mention status in this week's NAIA Division II men's basketball poll. It is the first time in school history that a team from Presentation received votes in a national poll.

"That was a first for us," Jordan said. "It's a credit to our players and good for our program."

PRESENTATION COLLEGE (5-2): Marcus Robinson 1-9 8-10 10, Josh Mach 0-7 0-0 0, Cody Marzahn 3-8 0-1 7, Tyler Wenbourne 3-6 2-3 11, Jason Lutz 5-15 0-0 13, Trevor Krawchuk 1-3 1-2 3, Travis Borns 0-1 0-0 0, Kellan Jordan 0-4 0-0 0, Logan Huber 0-1 0-0 0, Erick McElroy 2-3 3-3 7, DaMarcus Terrell 4-8 0-0 8, Jesse Scheel 0-1 0-0 0, Marquis Tate 1-1 0-0 3. Totals 20-67 14-19 62.

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE (9-0): Derrick Schantz 6-9 1-1 17, Joe Green 6-9 0-0 14, Matt Jones 1-3 0-0 2, Andy Moeller 0-6 0-0 0, Marquise Richardson 3-6 2-2 8, Luke Geiver 1-5 0-0 3, Andy Kleinjan 0-3 0-0 0, Brady Hokenson 1-3 0-0 3, Jake Wenig 6-8 0-0 14, Jared Gass 2-3 0-0 6, Calvin Melaney 3-4 3-3 9, Jared DeJong 5-6 1-2 11, Ben Beran 3-4 5-8 11, Josh Cerveny 5-6 1-1 11. Totals 42-75 13-17 109.

Halftime score - SDSU 54-32. 3-point field goals -Presentation 8-35 (Robinson 0-6, Mach 0-5, Marzahn 1-4, Wenbourne 3-5, Lutz 3-8, Borns 0-1, Jordan 0-3, Huber 0-1, Scheel 0-1, Tate 1-1); SDSU 12-28 (Schantz 4-6, Green 2-4, Moeller 0-4, Geiver 1-4, Kleinjan 0-2, Hokenson 1-3, Wenig 2-3, Gass 2-2). Total fouls - Presentation 15; SDSU 20. Rebounds - Presentation 30 (Robinson 4, Wenbourne 4, Lutz 4, Krawchuk 4); SDSU 53 (Richardson 8, Hokenson 6, Green 5, DeJong 5). Turnovers - Presentation 10; SDSU 7. Assists - Presentation 12 (Robinson 3, Marzahn 2, Wenbourne 2); SDSU 30 (Wenig 5). Steals - Presentation 2 (Wenbourne 2); SDSU 8. Blocked shots - Presentation 0; SDSU 5 (DeJong 2). Officials - Al Monaco, Steve Farlee, Pat Anderson. A - 1,010.

The Saints are a little crazy if they think the Jacks are anything like the teams they will see in Conf. play. The Rabbits are the best team they will see all year.

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                          X