FROST Atmosphere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FROST Atmosphere

Frost is not the same place without the band and the students. I thought the chearleaders while they can dance did not get the crowd into the games at all this weekend and the entire atmosphere with the exception of the Matt Jones dunks was very flat

Re: FROST Atmosphere

From what I been told, the HPER has to pay the band each time they play. You would think it would be free but not apparently so.  I suspect as a budget measure they elected not to have a pep band for the tourney, which seems kind of empty.

The no band issue came up maybe 8 or 10 years ago and it was two boosters who came forward with the dough to pay the band.  That may have something to do with the absence, plus many of the musicians went home.

Most of the Dakota Norwegians are not too knowledgable about Break dancing so Marcus and J0-JO did a good job entertaining us, but the Jones dunks are of course very high on the audio meters.

Comment

I agree, without the band and with most of the students gone for the holiday that the atmosphere this weekend was a little flat, but the Jacks looked pretty impresive.  I will say that I am glad they played the Classic because it gave me my first chance to see the team in person.  The Freshmen looked as good as everyone has written.  I am looking forward to the "U" game the atmosphere will be anything but flat for that one!   ;D

Go State! Screw the "U"! 

Comment

Sorry I missed you guys at Cubby's after the game...my brother and I were there pre-game, but I couldn't convince him to go back afterwards. I'm headed back up there with my GF for the Northern games.

(I gotta get a pilot's license...this six hour commute to Frost is going to get annoying before long...)
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

No whining filbert, My commute to Frost is 14 hours (and worth every one). The beers were cold at Cubbys after the game. Thanks 89 rabbit.
          Texas

Comment

I would hope with the calibre of mens and womens teams that the jacks have this year and with it being our last in DII we can break some attendence records and go out on top as both National Champs and Leading DII in attendence for both men and women. A suggestion take someone who normally would not go to a game. I sometimes take a youngster who otherwise would not be able to go. These are the potential Jack fans of the future.

Comment

I bow before your superior mileage, Texas_Jacks_Fan.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

It's not too early to start talking about the upcoming USD game in January. This is setting up to be a great night. Both mens and womens games will be awesome. This game will sell out before gamenight, expect to see a little bit of "scalping" going on. I just got off the phone with American Airlines booking my flights to witness this showdown. To add to the rankings and records of both teams, it may be the last time we see the mangy dogs in Frost for a while due to the u's decision to stear clear of the Jacks in the future. I can only imagine the decible level when SDSU takes the court for that game. I CAN'T wait !!

Comment

That weekend with UNO and USD will tell us a lot in terms of where we are at in comparison to arguably the
                  2 of the best teams in the conference along with the Jacks. I would hope the fire marshall has to turn people away for the USD game.

Comment

Working...
                  X