Frank Kloucek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Kloucek

Are old friend Frank Kloucek is up to his old tricks again as noted in the Yankton Press and Dakotan today. Coach Stig was down there addressing the Quarterback Club and they got a number of quotes from old Frank who is still intent on derailing the DI move. He indicates he did his own informal poll on the SDSU campus and found 80% against the move. He now has some friends supporting his view from the Vermillion Legislative contingent (big surprise). I have tried to call the numbers listed for Frank on the legislative website and there is no answer. I think we need to let him know there are a significant number of people that support this move and want to see it succeed!

Re: Frank Kloucek

I too read the article, and wonder what this guy's problem is with his alma mater. If he thinks he is going to get a Distinquished Alumni Award, my guess right now would be "I DONT THINK SO".

I sure the administration is well aware of his mis-information campaign and when a opportunity comes or a need to refute Frank arises, something will be done.

Comment

http://pressanddakotan.com/stories/1...31216013.shtml

What is that guys problem? Is he related to Charles Kupchella? Doesn't he have better things to do with his time than informally poll 60-80 people. My favorite part of his poll is that he knows 80% are against the move but he doesn't know how many people he polled (60-80) sounds like fuzzy math to me.

Comment

Here is the previous resolution submitted by a charter member of the FES to the SD legislature for those who have not seen it. You see the same short-sightedness and fear expressed by many legislators and constituents on a variety of issues that has lead to SD failure to advance in many areas as a state. If we allow our public universities to lag behind like teacher's salaries, environmental issues, etc.. Then professional young people like myself will continue to leave the state and never return. I would be much more inclined to have my children return to SDSU for their education if it is a Divison I university as would nearly every individual who is progressive in their thoughts and aspirations for SDSU and the state of SD. We all understand that certain sacrifices will be necessary early on as with any substantial undertaking. Not only should SDSU students and alumni support this move but any citizen of SD or the surrounding states who may be involved with SDSU.

If someone can provide us with specific contact info for Sen Kloucek or if a petition against his resolution is circulating please make this forum aware. Here is the resolution.

A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION, Urging South Dakota State University to not move to National College Athletic Association Division I.

WHEREAS, South Dakota State University has established traditional rivalries with the University of South Dakota and Augustana College and other regional universities and colleges which will be abandoned by a move to Division I; and

WHEREAS, South Dakota State University has experienced success in Division II and has several team championships and individual champions; and

WHEREAS, more South Dakota students may have an opportunity to participate in athletic activities if South Dakota State University remains in Division II; and

WHEREAS, the transportation costs to games and events for the team and fans could substantially increase along with ticket prices if South Dakota State University moves to Division I; and

WHEREAS, although South Dakota State University has taken a position that it will not request more state funds, raise student fees, or transfer other school funds, the money for operating a Division I program must come from some means, and if alumni and other contributors are unable or unwilling to sustain higher levels of funding, the demand or need to
        raise money for added expenses may eventually become a burden for the students or state; and

WHEREAS, there is no Division I conference into which South Dakota State University is a likely candidate or obvious fit to participate in; and

WHEREAS, there is a minimum four year reclassification period for schools moving into Division I from postseason play and the wait could be longer for basketball, possibly resulting in a diminished fan base and making it difficult to recruit players:

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Senate of the Seventy-eighth Legislature of the State of South Dakota, the House of Representatives concurring therein, that the Legislature urges South Dakota State University to place the students and academic standards at a higher priority than athletic activities and remain in Division II.

I can find nothing that can be proven accurate at this time in this resolution. Let me know what you think.

I can't wait for out last NCC title and our final birth in the NCAA II elite 8. GO JACKS.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What an idiot.  He doesn't have any valid points.  I could conduct an "informal survey" and find well over 80% in favor of the move.  I think Stig did a good job of delivering the facts though.  Go Jacks as we continue onto bigger and better things in DI.

Comment

I've heard Fred Oien make the statement before that some South Dakotans have this inferiority complex that the rest of the world is bigger and better than us and we can't possibly compete. I think Frank falls into that trap along with those that want to continue with the status quo so that we can continue to compete with the Augies and USD's of the world. I also think some people whether they want to admit it or not who state that South Dakota kids won't be able to participate have a racist bias with their comments. They also are basically saying that South Dakota kids can't elevate their abilities to compete at a DI level which is bunch of crap.

Comment

I dont know much more that can be added here. I do agree with the racist bias mentioned by Jackguy.  Some have expressed fears about urban athletes invading our campus and causing trouble blah blah. All because of moving to D1.  Its funny how I like to remind those who make those comments that we had this guy named Chris White a few years back, what did you think of him? ;D :

The wierd part  that the good athletes in South Dakota are going out of state because there is no D1 level school to attend in South Dakota.  Some how that is okay. ??? ;D

I can only suggest to let the ALumni Association. HPER and, The President about how you feel about this and help out financially.  The 80 percent that is opposed probably dont give a dime to the Jackrabbit club, so should we be worried?. :

Frank has given zip to the SDSU Foundation, so he will not be appointed to the SDSU Foundation Board for some time to come ;D ;D

Comment

Well, right after the turn of the year, the Jackrabbit Club can count on $1,000 from me.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Filbert:
                  Hey thats the spirit and they will be very happy to receive your gift. Go Jacks

Comment

filbert,
                    A nice fringe benefit of a donation like that is you'll probably get a long sit down with Dr. Oien and Keith Mahlum. Our move to D1 prompted the same donation from me earlier this year. As long as we step up and support this move, losers like Frank Kloucek wont have much leverage (not that he has any now). Welcome to the Yellow& Blue Club !

Comment

Great news everyone, I polled my friends and neighbors and 100% of them where in favor of our move to D-I.  As a secondary question 93% thought that Frank is an idiot and that his bill (along his pals, from USD/Vermillion who's support has nothing to do with their location :) will lose just like last year.  5% thought he was just misguided, and 2 % were undecided.  

Didn't we see this exact story about 6 months ago.  He was a joke then with no political backing he is a joke today.  Nothing has changed.  Perhaps beyond the contributions to the Jackrabbit Club (which I too am going to make after the 1st of the year) we should find out who might be running against him next time around and send some money their way as well.  Just a thought.

Go SDSU!

Comment

Working...
                      X