DII National Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DII National Rankings

Jacks move up to 3rd from 15th in the National Rankings. USD drops down to 5th.

Re: DII National Rankings

All right!!!! winning is everything when it involves polls
    Go Jacks

Comment

Way to Go Rabbits! It is only a matter of time before we are #1! 8)

Go State!

Comment

After reading this post, I'm sure you all will come to realize that Texas Jack doesnt really have much to do on the Friday before Christmas. Over on Bisonville an arrogant Sac St. poster brought up Alaska-Anchorage. I realized I hadnt seen them in the national rankings-They are a always a solid program. I went to their website. They are 9-2 with a 5 pt. loss to Seton Hall, and wins over D1 Texas St, and Canisus. How is it that the Seawolves arent in the D2 top 25 or not even honorable mention?? Why no love for the SEAWOLVES??

Comment

Texas Jack

Those are good questions. It depends how they are rated in their region I suspect. I think the reason that in the past they have not gotten to the ELITE 8 is they have had to get past Cal Bakersfield and UCDavis has had some good teams too. Plus this year Alaska will be grouped with Humbolt St. who seems to be the top team in that region.

Comment

The wins over Canius and Texas State I would bet were part of the tourney that they host up there. I dont think they would win in Penn or Texas if these games were on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN
              The wins over Canius and Texas State I would bet were part of the tourney that they host up there.  I dont think they would win in Penn or Texas if these games were on the road.
              I disagree, wins are wins no matter where they are played. Would it be harder form UAA to win on the road, yes but those are schools that I think SDSU could beat on the road today! Your point about their region is a good one. They not only have Humboldt in their region, they also have them in their conf. the GNAC. Still you would think that the Seawolves would at least be an honorable mention ???.

Comment

I believe the GNAC is a relatively well-respected basketball conference with programs like Seattle-Pacific, the 2 Alaska schools and Humboldt St (excellent football program also) but within the West region the conference with the California schools seems to be the best recently.  Cal-Poly Pamona and CSU-San Bernidino (who Metro beat on their way to the title in 2002) have represented that region the last couple of years.  (Not to say that the presence of RMAC teams from our region means the NCC is a lesser conference).  I speculate that this has lead to a tendency for A-Anch to be looked over.  However, I do not see many Cal school in the top 25 either and Humboldt St. is there so perhaps my logic is flawed.  

It may be as simple as Alaska being in a different geographical location and therefore an afterthought.  Regardless, early season polls and polls in general for D-II mean less.  Many of those voting are just not well informed.  I always look forward to the regional rankings which are more objective.

By the way, excellent observation and nice post, TX Jack fan.  
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I'll unoficially adopt the UA Seawolves this year-unless we meet them in the elite eight.

Go JACKS !
                  GO SEAWOLVES !

How can they get ignored with a freaking seawolf as a mascot ;D ;D Thats a cool mascot ! ;D ;D

Comment

Lots of top 25 teams lost this week (# 6, 7, 20, and 25). Should see a shake up tomorrow (next poll will be out).

http://campus.umr.edu/sports/bbpoll.html

Go State!

Comment

Go JACKS
                      GO SEAWOLVES

Comment

Working...
                      X