Kloucek's resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kloucek's resolution

Here is the previous resolution submitted by a charter member of the FES to the SD legislature for those who have not seen it. You see the same short-sightedness and fear expressed by many legislators and constituents on a variety of issues that has lead to SD failure to advance in many areas as a state. If we allow our public universities to lag behind like teacher's salaries, environmental issues, etc.. Then professional young people like myself will continue to leave the state and never return. I would be much more inclined to have my children return to SDSU for their education if it is a Divison I university as would nearly every individual who is progressive in their thoughts and aspirations for SDSU and the state of SD. We all understand that certain sacrifices will be necessary early on as with any substantial undertaking. Not only should SDSU students and alumni support this move but any citizen of SD or the surrounding states who may be involved with SDSU.

If someone can provide us with specific contact info for Sen Kloucek or if a petition against his resolution is circulating please make this forum aware. Here is the resolution.

A CONCURRENT RESOLUTION, Urging South Dakota State University to not move to National College Athletic Association Division I.

WHEREAS, South Dakota State University has established traditional rivalries with the University of South Dakota and Augustana College and other regional universities and colleges which will be abandoned by a move to Division I; and

WHEREAS, South Dakota State University has experienced success in Division II and has several team championships and individual champions; and

WHEREAS, more South Dakota students may have an opportunity to participate in athletic activities if South Dakota State University remains in Division II; and

WHEREAS, the transportation costs to games and events for the team and fans could substantially increase along with ticket prices if South Dakota State University moves to Division I; and

WHEREAS, although South Dakota State University has taken a position that it will not request more state funds, raise student fees, or transfer other school funds, the money for operating a Division I program must come from some means, and if alumni and other contributors are unable or unwilling to sustain higher levels of funding, the demand or need to
    raise money for added expenses may eventually become a burden for the students or state; and

WHEREAS, there is no Division I conference into which South Dakota State University is a likely candidate or obvious fit to participate in; and

WHEREAS, there is a minimum four year reclassification period for schools moving into Division I from postseason play and the wait could be longer for basketball, possibly resulting in a diminished fan base and making it difficult to recruit players:

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, by the Senate of the Seventy-eighth Legislature of the State of South Dakota, the House of Representatives concurring therein, that the Legislature urges South Dakota State University to place the students and academic standards at a higher priority than athletic activities and remain in Division II.

I can find nothing that can be proven accurate at this time in this resolution. Let me know what you think.

I can't wait for out last NCC title and our final birth in the NCAA II elite 8. GO JACKS.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Kloucek's resolution

Who elects people like this??? I remember this same stuff going on about this time last year and nothing happened with it. I'm sure (hoping) this will die. All this is is short-sightedness on this person's part. Move onward and upward instead of being complacent. I'm going out on a limb and guessing this guy is a USD grad (just a guess ). We need to step up and shut thinking like this down.

Go State, leave the U behind.

Comment

Guess I should have read the other topic on Kloucek before my previous post. Is there a way we can remove this guy from the SDSU records so he can't claim to be an SDSU grad?

Comment

No we cant remove Frank from the ALumni rolls.  Klouchek represents the Scotland area near Yankton and USD country.  It's this representation of USD people in his district that partially drives him.  Kloucheck has a Democrat constitutioncy that will elected him until the cows come home.  So he is here for the long haul.  From different sources, Frank is a door mat for many interests in Pierre.  I dont expect this legislation to end up on Rounds desk for a signature. If by chance this happens, I would expect a veto.

Comment

I've said it before the idiot has no respect in the legislature and is the ideal spokesperson if there has to be one leading this doomed bill.

Comment

Working...
          X