Home winning streak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home winning streak

SDSU has a 16 game home winning streak. It is the 5th longest current streak. Do you think we can go unbeaten at home in '03-'04. I say YES!

Re: Home winning streak

Originally posted by 89rabbit
    SDSU has a 16 game home winning streak.  It is the 5th longest current streak.  Do you think we can go unbeaten at home in '03-'04.  I say YES!
    Rabbit,

I think you are right, if the injury bug stays away this year.

Comment

Si Tanka is next. 5-0 on the road, way to go Rabbits!  Welcome home Jacks!   ;D

Go Blue!

Comment

I think the real question is, home or away, who's got the horses to beat the Jackrabbits this year?

The pre-NCC home schedule has some challenging games -- Bemidji, Tampa, Northern, Winona. Any of these teams could go nuts from 3-point range and maybe beat the Jacks. But Duluth shot 14-29 from 3 point land and got beat by 18. The Michigan Tech game at Houghton looks tough--they gave us a tight game last year at Frost.

Going into the last NCC dance, we haven't seen USD play enough yet this year to know if they deserve their high early-season ranking. UNO coming in the night after USD could be trouble--the Mavs are always athletic and have the potential to win on any given night. If the fans show up every night, I don't think SDSU will lose an NCC game at home except for maybe one of these first two against USD or UNO.

The Jacks always seem to have a battle at St. Cloud, and the North Dakota trip is always the toughest weekend of the year. Finishing up the season, you have UNO at Omaha, then in the Dome to finish the regular season. Especially in Omaha, UNO is trouble. And Vermillion, well, it's going to be USD's last shot at SDSU before D-I, so you know the Coyotes and their fans will be even more unpleasant than usual. The D-I factor is one reason why State is (even more than usual) going to get everyone's best shot in this last year in the NCC and D-II.

Even so, I think this team has a legitimate shot at having an unbeaten season. They'll need to show up to play every night, get a few breaks, stay healthy, and most important, stay together as a team. There might be a couple of stubbed toes along the way, but I think 28-2 going into the NCC playoffs is very achievable.

"I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Go State Go!

Comment

SDSU is now tied for the 2nd longest Home winning streak in the Nation at 22. Keep it up Jacks! 8)

http://campus.umr.edu/sports/bbindex.html

Go State!

Comment

Are they ever going to update the Pre-Season rankings? A number of those team ahead of us have multiple losses!

Comment

I believe the next rankings will be out on December 16th. I would expect the Jacks to be in the top 5 and ahead of USD. GO JACKS.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Was the last loss at Frost to Metro in the 2002 regional championship?
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

yes it was. Ranks up there with the Vikings loss to Atlanta in the 1998 NFC Championship game.

Comment

Do not, I repeat, do not mention that Metro loss ever again. Boy was that painful.

I have all the faith in Scott and Troy, but it's just too hard to make it through the NCC schedule without a blemish. The Jacks will win the NCC regular season and tourney crowns, but sad to say, probably with 2-3 losses. The only thing you can count on is Boots running his team into the ground by mid-February and USD having no shot at the post-season.

Go State, Go State!!

Comment

There are no easy road wins in the NCC. That first roadtrip to Mankato and St Cloud is important to get off to a good start. I hope we get huge followings on the road this year as this is it!

Comment

I agree that going undefeated in the NCC would be really hard, but the subject here is HOME winning streak.  I think we can win all of our games at Frost this year!

P.S. Here is a link to the school that is just ahead of us, University of District of Columbia:

http://www.universityofdc.org/detail...=9&aid=222

Comment

We are now tied with DC for the longest winning streak in the country!

Comment

Undefeated at home this year is a realistic goal. For me this includes the regional tournament. I think it will be difficult but should be expected given the quality of our team and the current mediocrity of the remainder of the NCC (with perhaps the exception of USD) and the region (with the exception of Nebraska-Kearney).

The Frost crowd is like an All-star 6th man and should carry the team to a #1 seed in the region. I know it is early in the season, but I do not think it is unreasonable to set high goals.

I look forward to a win over Mich Tech, an undefeated pre-NCC season (16-0), and the nations longest home winning streak (26). How you like them apples USD?

Comment

Working...
                              X