NCC vs NSIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCC vs NSIC

Southwest St. beat St. Cloud and Northern defeated Augie this weekend. I watched SDSU completed dismantle an overmatched Southwest St team in Mankato earlier this year. Its obvious that Augie is terrible and once again will not be a factor in the NCC.

More concerning is the performance of several other NCC teams this early season. On the plus side it should be a two team race, SDSU vs USD, and I like our chances. Perhaps UNO or one of the two ND schools will offer a challenge.

I hate to see teams from the NCC with recent success being defeated by NSIC teams. I have subjected myself to the pain of listening to the announcers on the Northern Sun Spotlight weekly TV show and it is clear that they feel the NSIC is on par with the NCC. They can't stop talking about Winona St and Concordia in the post-season in football, Northern St. recent success, and Winona St. victory over SDSUs women. The future of the NCC appears at significant risk. I never thought I would be happy to leave the NCC behind, but I am.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: NCC vs NSIC

I couldn't agree more as I feel the difference between the conferences is narrowing and I look forward to moving on to DI. It won't be long and there will be a merger of the two conferences.

Comment

More along the lines of the NSIC thinking they have caught the NCC, with the exception of UMD, none of the schools wants to join the NCC after SDSU, NDSU, and UNC are gone. What does that tell you. The NCC extended an open invitation to fill the departing school's spots, yet no one stepped up. Looks like SDSU & NDSU aren't the only ones that see the demise of the NCC coming. Look for UND and UNO to follow in the near future.

Comment

I don't see the advantage of the NSIC teams joining anymore. Heck it will all be one conference soon anyway. Look for UNO to be the next one to leave and join the RMAC.

Comment

NDSU avenged an early season loss to Northern by ripping them 89-72 in Fargo. The N.D. trip will still be a tough one. Mankato St. picked up a couple of wins and Augie beat Augsberg by 1 point.

http://www.northcentralconference.org/

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
          X