KELO, KSFY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KELO, KSFY

After the NFL football games I tuned into both sports casts last night thinking they would say something about our huge win and being 16-0 (thought the interest might be up because the U game is this coming Friday). But sadly not a word was said. They ran the score on their tickers but they saved the broadcast time for the exciting Augie vs DWU game (augie won by 2 or 3 points). What a joke. > I guess I have lived here long enough to know better, but it was still disappointing.

Re: KELO, KSFY

That's the problem with TV journalism generally...if there isn't video available, it didn't happen as far as TV newsrooms go.

The good news is...many more Division I games are on TV than D-II games (duh!), so there will be more SDSU video available, so KELO/KSFY coverage will improve as the years go by.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I have made the same observations when I am back in SD. KSFY sometimes has limited coverage of the Jacks, KELO's coverage is blatantly absent, I always used to watch KELO but no more, They often don't even run the SDSU scores at the bottom of the screen.
      KELO sucks, I hope they enjoy covering the 2-10 augie vikings and the Dakota Weslyan Tigers. I know that was a huge meaningful national showdown.

Comment

Just to add to the "KELO Dilemma," they were the only television news station which did not come to Brookings when SDSU made the announcement to go Division I. Two or three radio stations covered the press conference live ... KELO didn't even send a camera crew.

Think about it. The Argus Leader determines SDSU's move to Division I as the top story in 2003 and KELO wasn't there. But, they aren't bias or anything like that.

Comment

I agree with TJF, I use to watch KELO exclusively while in high school and college. Now when I return to the in-laws place in Brookings they are always watching KSFY. After observing the absence of coverage of the Jacks and SDSU in general on KELO I understand the reason for the switch. Didn't we use to have some alumni at KELO, Bobbi Lower (sp?) and Vernon Brown (I think that was his name). I believe Tom Glanzer is still at KSFY and I know he was an SDSU graduate. KELO clearly has there heads up their a**es and are losing respect because of it.

I have noticed the same problem from the Argus. Although they wish to be "the paper" for east river S.D. they clearly favor southeast S.D. This has always been the case from high school sports, to amatuer baseball, to college athletics. It is a reflection of the intelligents (or lack there of) of those "journalists" employed by the Argus.

Time to wake up and smell the coffee boys. Pretty soon there will be only one gig/game in the state and if you boys are lucky we will play same games in Sioux Falls so you have a better option then NAIA level Augie or the "Coo" or less than minor league baseball and hockey. DI athletics is a proven institution (all the D3 titles in the world mean less than a single winning season in DI). I won't even mention the CBA (is that what its still called?).

GO JACKS, WAKE-UP KELO and Argus, get in line Register and celebrate the best thing to happen to SD since the state was granted a land grant university. I will be looking for the SDSU highlights on Friday nights KSFY news.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Yes jackmd, those are all major SDSU alumni, (Bobbi Lower and husband were huge Jackrabbit fans)but they are all gone from KELO now. Tom Nieman was another SDSU alum from a few years ago. As far as I know KELO has no SDSU alum's on staff. I also noticed when I was in SD, that the new SDSU "You can go anywhere from here" spots are all on KSFY, this may not be a coincidence. I'm sure KELO will be in Frost on Friday night(they HAVE to be) but I'm sure that their coverage will be as pro-usd as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
              I have made the same observations when I am back in SD. KSFY sometimes has limited coverage of the Jacks, KELO's coverage is blatantly absent, I always used to watch KELO but no more, They often don't even run the SDSU scores at the bottom of the screen.
              KELO sucks, I hope they enjoy covering the 2-10 augie vikings and the Dakota Weslyan Tigers. I know that was a huge meaningful national showdown.

No kidding. Those KELO people are a bunch of dirty stooges. I like how they masturbate over high school basketball, and then tuck an SDSU between a 30-24 game by the Red Owl Middleschool team, and follow it with a game from Hayti. They'll lead that faux sportcenter thing they run with some lowbrow high school basketbrawl game from Sioux Falls.

I just don't get it. But then again, saying that KELO has good reporting is like saying frogs can write elegant poetry.

Comment

Working...
              X