Has anyone heard of Teamline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone heard of Teamline?

I was checking out the USD website reviewing their press release for this weekends game when I came across this info. Are SDSU games available on this thing called Teamline? If so, this may be an alternative to the webcast which I often have difficulty accessing. Any info is appreciated.

Coyotes On The Air
    The South Dakota mens basketball games this weekend can be heard on Mix 106.3 FM Vermillion/Yankton, S.D. The broadcasts will also be available on the internet at www.usdcoyotes.com and on Teamline at 1-800-846-4700 (team code: 6056) on a pay to listen basis. Kevin Culhane, Lane Grindle and Joe Van Goor will call the action for the Coyote Sports Network.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Has anyone heard of Teamline?

I dont recall SDSU ever offering a Teamline option, but for some such as USD, they have had this for some time. I guess the cost of the telephone line is paid from those fees. Nat Blessen, father who I know used to use this option when they could not travel to the game.

I would think with the Internet, and if the server is capable of picking every listener up, then it would not make much sense to pay for a telephone line to listen in. Thats just my take.

Sorry you are having problems with WNAX, it may be the telephone central office equipment between your residence and the server in Yankton. Something is obvisously not working. I have had real good luck this year.

I know NDSU is sometimes overloaded with fans and sometimes you cant get on.

Have you tried getting on about 7:15? If you get on early its helps. You can hear Steve clear his throat and the background sounds of the crowd.

Comment

Buster,

Thanks for the info, which I won't use. If I would want to use it, which I wouldn't because its not legal, the main problem I would have would be a radio to receive WNAX.

Only, serendipitously (is that a word?), last week I discovered that my old pick-up can receive WNAX. None of my other radios can do this, not even the one in my shower (yes, I do have a radio in my shower and that is only because a T.V. won't fit). I sure as hell can't connect my truck radio to my computer.

So, I look at it this way: If I can't get the SDSU game via the WNAX website I try the opposing teams website. If this doesn't work, I put on my long underwear and coveralls, jackrabbit stocking hat and gloves, grab my thermos full of coffee and head out to my truck to listen to the game. Some of you may find this odd (as my neighbors, wife, and extended family do) but I actually enjoy it. The only thing better is actually being at the game.

One day (hopefully soon) I will upgrade my CPU and then my problems should be solved (I still my sit in my truck for old times sake). Thanks for the suggestions.

Here is another little pearl: My computer is in my office in the lower level of my house. When I am able to get the webcast of the Jacks game I use the baby monitor to transmit the game to the family room upstairs. That way I have the comforts of my recliner and a cold beverage. It works well and I get more use out of the baby monitor.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Brilliant!! Now I have a use for that baby monitor that's been gathering dust! Jackrabbit basketball on both floors of the house. My wife will love it (she's a grad of the other SDSU).

Comment

Until the internet broadcasts I also at times sat out in my car and listened to the Broadcasts on WNAX here in Minneapolis. My neighbors and wife thought I was nuts.

Comment

Working...
          X